Coachworks Recommendations

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seamus1982

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking to have some work done on the van over the winter. Basically the rear quarters below the battery tray need replacing and there are a few areas of paint bubbling at low level. I want to get the lower 12 inches taken back to metal and sorted out with a few bits at high level repaired, nothing major at high level though just general sand back and rust proof. Then probably a full respray.

My usual guy Scott at SGS Aircooled in Southampton area is no longer taking on work as leaving the country.

I live in London, but used to live in Winchester hence I used Scott and when you are onto a trusted contact, stick with it. I have family in Basingstoke so I guess somewhere between north hampshire and london areas would be ideal, maybe even east berkshire area.

So, if you have any recommendations in those sorts of areas, it would be appreciated.

Thanks and happy camping
Sean

I wouldnt let distance be a barrier but Id go where the good work was being done. Best guys 'in the scene' right now include Midland Paintwerks, Spikes Vintage Restorations, IRVs Restos and Creative Coachworks. Most of these will have longer lead times though, I suspect.

Latest posts