Crack between valves

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67westy

Reaction score
I believe it's fairly common but are these too cracked? Time to replace?

Worst one:

IMG_20150404_110406_zpshyw3zeb1.jpg

Not so bad:

IMG_20150404_105213_zpsg3nzrxdv.jpg

Repairs are possible but hard to get perfect, but I think you is looking for new heads as they is not too spesh like that and can only get wider when warmed up, I`d start looking if it was me.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Then you`ll go superfast :mrgreen:

I've quickly progressed from new heads, to new heads barrells and pistons and now I'm looking at new engines :roll: Expensive lark this......

Yup but heads were cracked before the LPG was installed. They have got a bit worse but I don't think it's due to the LPG.

Cheers for the info everyone. I bit the bullet and ordered a heritage engine in the end, been thinking about it for a while so seemed like a good opportunity as the engine was out. The engine was running well before this, only took the heads off for fixing an oil leak! The cracks seem to have got mixed opinions and I can't remember whether they have got worse since the head was last off a couple of years ago. Just need to decide what to do with the old one now....

67westy said:
Cheers for the info everyone. I bit the bullet and ordered a heritage engine in the end, been thinking about it for a while so seemed like a good opportunity as the engine was out. The engine was running well before this, only took the heads off for fixing an oil leak! The cracks seem to have got mixed opinions and I can't remember whether they have got worse since the head was last off a couple of years ago. Just need to decide what to do with the old one now....
Rebuild it into a monster engine

One option :D need to check the end float on it but I believe it is good. Problem is if I build a monster one I would have to take my shiny new one out to fit it. Dunno how my drum brakes would cope either :lol:

Latest posts