Cunning Abandoned Stuff Picture Thread

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These pics are from a place in Southampton, some old fella collected VW's and tons of other stuff from back in the 80's :(

vwgraveyard026.jpg

vwgraveyard023.jpg

7.jpg

17.jpg

few more pics here ...... http://s62.photobucket.com/albums/h116/type2tattoo/VW%20Graveyard/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi Surfbus,
Whats HDR?
The graffiti wa`snt done by Banksy, as far as i know!
Here`s a few more pics from Hellingly Hospital.
Cheers Paul.
HellinglyHospital-Feb2009157-1.jpg

HellinglyHospital-Feb2009159-1.jpg

HellinglyHospital-Feb2009161-1.jpg

HellinglyHospital-Feb2009162-1.jpg

HellinglyHospital-Feb2009175-1.jpg

HellinglyHospital-Feb2009076.jpg

Nugsy said:
Found this about a mile from where i work, in a layby type thing down a country lane (Warwickshire)

When i went to open the door the guys i was with stepped back, and both said they expected a body to flop out :lol:

DSC_0018.jpg

Wow, where abouts is it, i have gotta go and take some photos!

childsey that hospital is just round the corner from me, never been inside strangely, seen some pictures before though, and those hairdryer seats and the hall i think are really spooky

Excellent thread, I am partial to things past there best (which may go some way to explain my love for vw's :lol: )

Seeing the hospital pics reminded me of fletcher convalescents home in cromer, my wife showed me some fantastic pics of the inside of that place so we went and checked it out. We didnt go in as we had our 12 year old daughter with us at the time and it would have involved an amount of fence hopping but it is a beautiful building that used to be a mental asylum. I wont pikey pictures from flickr but if you google it you will find many superp yet slightly haunting photos of it. I would love to go back and have a look round inside..

dubs and classics said:
fletcher convalescents home . I would love to go back and have a look round inside..

Sounds like a good summer VW meet venue :lol: 8)

cunning plan said:
dubs and classics said:
fletcher convalescents home . I would love to go back and have a look round inside..

Sounds like a good summer VW meet venue :lol: 8)

:lol: Top idea! Thats the venue for the first East coast aircooled meet sorted then! :lol: :lol: :lol:

crumlin road jail and courthouse, abandoned along time ago, this is the courthouse. theres a tunnel runs between the courthouse and the gaol (jail) on the other side of the road, theres also a hanging cell at the end of the tunnel. its really heavily haunted. My wife made a program about it a few years ago and she and the camera crew were given a night tour of the empty courthouse and jail by the security guard and there were parts of the jail where he refused to enter. she was shoved in the back walking down the tunnel no one behind her... theres a ghost of a hangman that patrols the tunnel pushing people toward the hanging cell :shock:

DSC00977.jpg

heres the tunnel leading to the hanging cell. you were condemned then taken straight to the cell for summary justice.

2837598676_fa1b17fcc6.jpg

this picture was taken in the room below the cell where the the bodies of the hanged were kept before burial. this guy was painting the cell and was larking about in the coffin, check out the image. :shock:

ghostly-face-appears-in-coffin-at-haunted-prison.jpg

We went to see macbeth in the jail last year they had taken it over for a few weeks. I can honestly say it was frightening. really weird noises and bangs in the empty section of the jail

Hi Analog, are you in Hellingly village?
I`m down the road in Eastbourne.
It`s a shame it`s being pulled down, would have
liked one more look around ;)
Hey Leep glad you like pics ,
here`s a few more.
Cheers Paul.
HellinglyHospital-Feb2009104.jpg

HellinglyHospital-Feb2009106.jpg

HellinglyHospital-Feb2009079.jpg

HellinglyHospital-Feb2009129.jpg

HellinglyHospital-Feb2009132.jpg

Heres a selection of my shots from some abandoned desolate places.

Just after i photographed it some idiot smashed it :(
IMGP1377copy.jpg

Hinckley:
IMGP2109.jpg

IMGP2104.jpg

Under birmingham:
IMGP1628.jpg

Deep beneath Coventry:
IMGP1206.jpg

IMGP1202.jpg

Coventry again:
IMGP1777.jpg

That's fascinating! :shock:

Some great shots - I wonder why it was abandoned. It always makes me wonder about all the money 'left' there - I mean all that metal - the train carriages, etc - all that has to be of use else-where or at least recycled? One of the reasons that makes it so interesting I guess.

I haven't seen that before 8)

cunning plan said:
That's fascinating! :shock:

Some great shots - I wonder why it was abandoned. It always makes me wonder about all the money 'left' there - I mean all that metal - the train carriages, etc - all that has to be of use else-where or at least recycled? One of the reasons that makes it so interesting I guess.

I haven't seen that before 8)

I know! I thought of all the man hours wasted on it only to be sidelined

more crazy russian deserted stuff.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12339804" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/default.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the second one looks like fun.

Latest posts