Dometic CRX50

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Hi,

Are there any Dometic CRX50 users overhere? planning some serious camping trips next year and i'm tired of dragging my portable absorption cooler in and out of the bus.
So i'm planning to build a CRX 50 in the cabinet where the original cooler sits, my first plan was to convert this original cooler to a active one with the internals of a absorption type but the power consumption from these type of coolers is very high and the bus needs to sit level for the best cooling.
The left battery tray is taken by my firetec so that is not a option for the leisure battery, under the buddy seat is a good place for a battery and charger.
Are there peeps who done it this way? not sure if i want to hook up the leisure battery in the charging system of the bus as i don't want to strip my interior neither drill alot of holes ;)

I have little smaller dometic/waeco CRP40. I chose this because it has outside mounted removable cooling unit with 1,5m long tubes. I could install the cooling unit away under seat next to fridge and save floor space. Fully charged leisure battery is enough to operate fridge all weekend fri-sunday without charging. I keep it on whole summer and when I get home garage I connect leisure battery to small CTEK charger. Split charging relay will do the charging when engine running.

Latest posts