Dormobile strengthener Dimension

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mav248

Reaction score
Hi

I have a 1971 Dormobile T2 i am doing up (2 years now!) I am currently concentrating on bodywork and have now moved around to the lid and guttering. With the Dormobile lid, on the hinge side there is a strip of wood under the fibre glass that the hinges screw through into, a stengthening panel i would perhaps describe it as. However, this has perished overtime so i am looking to replace it, it was removed in pieces so its difficult to mock up a new one and just wondered if anybody had done it and had any dimensions available? I tried dormobile but they couldnt help.

On mine I fitted a 10mm rod with plates welded on to accept the hinge bolts. I then glassed it in. Previous was a rotten piece of angle iron.
What measurements you need ??

On mine I fitted a 10mm rod with plates welded on to accept the hinge bolts. I then glassed it in. Previous was a rotten piece of angle iron.
What measurements you need ??
I never thought of using some rod and plates, a little easier to mock up and fit too as opposed to shaping some wood, thanks

Latest posts