Dubenham Bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep...i think 1 more big push and I can get the metal work / welding done and dusted.....will be really glad to get over that hump, can then just spend a few weeks getting some hi primer on it and rubbing down....nice easy work compared to the metal work :)

my aim is to have it ready for paint...if not painted....by May, fingers crossed, we'll see how that pans out :roll:

As expected, this is where progress has slowed right down, been spending my time grinding back all the welding underneath, finished off the repairs to the chassis rail around the torsion tubes and the crossmembers, cleaning all the rusty metal above the gearbox (and cleaning the actual gearbox itself which had about 3 inch thick crud all over it
Basically, the gearbox tray and all the offside underside are now in etch primer (apart from the front arch - that needs to wait till I can get access to weld in the new front step)
i'm sealing all the seams and once done will be giving the possible impact areas a coat of stone chip before giving it all a coat of nice shiney paint

9609627_orig.jpg

454074_orig.jpg

758413_orig.jpg

6458976_orig.jpg

9860135_orig.jpg

8387111_orig.jpg

1103061_orig.jpg

2677114_orig.jpg

3042288_orig.jpg

Latest posts