• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Early bay RHD with Westy pop top, Solid.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pete nice

Reaction score
A heads up on a van coming up for sale, but will do an early bird price if you want to do a few bits yourself.

The van has not long been imported from South Africa, and hence is very solid.
There is some very isolated rust in the inner front wheel arch & a tiny bit on the battery tray.

It's a 1971 model, early looks with disc brakes.
It has just gone through the MOT & registration is on its way from DVLA, so will be on the road ready to drive.
It was recently repainted in South Africa & looks good.
It has a nice Westfalia pop top fitted with new canvas.
The head liner is all new too.

Engine is a stock 1600 which I have been through & got running well.
I have been through the brakes, swapped front flexi hoses & bled them all up. They work fine now.
Gearbox & gear change is nice & smooth. No problems.

Inside is an ultra rare RHD westy interior although it's not in perfect condition.

Jobs to do are, some play in the steering idler pin which I will probably do next week anyway & hardly effects the price.

The main job to do is side windows.
The van started life as a panel van & unfortunately someone has cut a pair of side windows in it. They don't look very nice, so I have sourced a full set of conversion glass, brand new rubbers & chrome trim ready to fit.

I am probably not going to get chance to fit them for a couple of weeks, so if anyone wants to do it themselves, they could save a fair bit of money.
I have pulled most of the interior apart to allow easy access to the side panels. It will go back together very easy.
An option is to sell the interior to fund your own design & layout.
Standard front seats are in perfect condition.

Van is located in Chiddingfold, Surrey.
Guide price of £12,000 ono.
Come & have a look. I new advert & price will be done when it's finished.
Call 07970 540757 for a look this coming week.

Hi have you got a price for the condition of the van now.
I am looking for a early bay that is a small project or something not quite show spec as havent the funds.
Thankyou
Steve

Hi have you got a price for the condition of the van now.
I am looking for a early bay that is a small project or something not quite show spec as havent the funds.
Thankyou
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts