Ebay Adjustable Springplates? Any experiences?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jejochem

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying some adjustable springplates from Goveng on EBay.

They look good, but I've not heard of them before. Is there anybody on the Forum who has bought these, or anything else form them, and can pass on their opinion/experience before I part with my hard earned.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1968-71-VW-Bay-Window-Camper-Van-Adjustable-Spring-Plate-Rear-lowering/331190592926?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D35391%26meid%3D2267d101b57d430b910ce7e703f67b4d%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D331602629839" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Appreciated, Frank.

Hi Frank
They look like the ones we have fitted to our bus, the thing to check is the thickness of the springplate some you see are thinner than the original and are useless, thing to do is to measure yours, and find out the thickness of the ones you intend to buy
Just been and checked mine the original ones were 5mm thick and the new ones we fitted are also 5mm thick
one thing to do before you fit them is to mark the position of the ones on your bus before you take them off then fit the new ones to the same position
hope this helps

Thanks Vinvan

Thanks Vinvan, will message them and find out on thickness. Thanks for the the advice. Will mark everything!

Frank.

Many thanks to all replies, have now ordered a pair at a very reasonable price! Delivery next week.

Frank.

Im sure they will, but make sure you get new rubber bushes with them, 2 per spring plate, the old ones will be worn to the OG plate and different inner diameter to the ones required for ajustable spring plates.

Arrived today. Extremely pleased with the quality, really well finished and 4 new rubbers to go with them. Free postage too! They also appear to be thicker (6mm) than the plates on my Bus at the moment, will confirm when I try fitting them.

Frank.

Latest posts