• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

engine project 1600 1641 was turnkey

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mat_1

Reaction score

selling this engine, it was removed from an early bay fire damaged project i have been playing with, its a twin port 1600 or 1641 engine not sure which.

the engine turned over fine when i got the bay window and it has virtually no end float so I figured id buy loads of new parts and get it running. I have a video of it running but unfortunately since it started knocking so i turned it off and now it turns over up to a point and then its stuck and there is a clunk almost like something has become dislodged like a piston or something so it will need someone who knows what they are doing to rebuild it or use it as spares. when it ran there were no leaks

below is what i have spent on it or what it could possibly be worth if parted out in my non expert opinion...
complete tinware - got to be worth 50
bosch dizzy 40
newish carburettor 40
full flow oil system brand new custom piping and remote filter which leads to gene berg oil pump, i have spent lots on this its got to be worth 150-200
exhausts etc 30
alternator 10
newish clutch 40
brand new fuel pump 20
longblock for parts or rebuilding 150-200
new belt and oil 15
various parts sensors leads plugs gaskets etc 50
oil cooler 30

theres probably other parts i have forgotten so in summary if i was to part it out over time id probably get circa 700, I'm offering it to somebody that knows what they are doing as a project engine which i know has the potential to run and it ran well albeit briefly. i should have stripped it down to begin with and started from there but i don't have the time or expertise.

its complete as you see it with clutch and I'm starting the asking price at £500 to gauge interest, its ready to be collected any time from telford, cheers.

now all on ebay have split it into a few parts...

271413723685 is the item number for the full flow , if you click on my other items from there you can find the other stuff, sorry to do it this way but i like the way ebay automates everything it makes it easier for me .

all on 3 day listings good luck to anybody interested,

Latest posts