European sausage tour 2009

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crede999

Reaction score
hi all , were off on our hols on saturday around europe sampling various locally produced sausages !!! were aiming to get to sorrento in italy , the trip will be updated daily on www. beakersblog.com on the T2D website theres myself and carl whose going in a split and tim the carb meister going too plus the wifes and kids

anyhow check our progress

heres a sampler of the maddness thats going occur

take it easy

regards
chris
dyn003_original_600_800_pjpeg__33bb.jpg

dyn003_original_600_800_pjpeg__375f.jpg

Have a good sausage trip! dood, keep us posted on the banger related fun! I will be having a nosey at the blog ;) :mrgreen:

The Almafi coast is stunning but take care the road is narrow in places and the locals drive like nutters. Pompei and Herculainium are well worth a visit.
Have a good one :D

noddy said:
The Almafi coast is stunning but take care the road is narrow in places and the locals drive like nutters. Pompei and Herculainium are well worth a visit.

thanks noddy willl do , i am half italian so i m one of the nutters lol , most of my italian side live just outside of sorrento in st agata which damn bloody handy , were going to do amalfi and pompei and also capri if we have enough time ,

best regards
chris

crede999 said:
noddy said:

thanks noddy willl do , i am half italian so i m one of the nutters lol , most of my italian side live just outside of sorrento in st agata which damn bloody handy , were going to do amalfi and pompei and slam a capri if we have enough time ,

best regards
chris

fixed that for ya ;)

olance said:
May the pork be with you!

packed now ready for the off , lard is in, pan at the ready, bridge rolls buttered tom sauce and reggae reggae in what more do you need !!!

thanks buddy

regards
chris

were back 3400 miles brillant time will post some pics later this week

regards
chris

Welcome home were just back from a 2500 mile round trip in France.

How did it go? Were the locals ok :lol:

hi all after a good kip heres brief outline of the trip 3443 miles in two weeks we went reims , dole just outside dijon, through the mount blanc tunnel which was stunning , stayed over night at asota in italy then down to grosseto for a night then onto sorrento for 4 nights where we went to capri and pompei, after thatwe headed up the middle of italy to lake como for two nights which was awesome, then we went through switzland onto nancy then calais ..............it was hard but brilliant at the same time we had a few mechinal moments but nothing major just a good wire wiggle and adjusting brakes after the alps lol but we loved it anyhow hes some pics .............the french were great so to the italins even the wagon moved over for us ! the switz well say no more a pound a piss !!!!!.........we learnt a lot will be heading out in the van around europe again next year ,

regards
chris
france with carls spilty
IMG_0262.jpg

resting at the top of mount blanc
IMG_0274.jpg

lake como
IMG_0291.jpg

switzland
IMG_0312.jpg

italy
IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

looks fantastic. Glad you had a ball. What news on the salami front though? I am partial to a porkinson banger myself, but the king of the sauages in my opinion comes from a little butchers called howards in Haslingden, Lancashire where my mummy lives. Ther pork and apple flavour ones are quite something. One of my favorite topics, sausages. As you can tell.

We had some badass sausages espeacially the ones in France which we couldn't translate but trust me they were dirty ,the only thing we could translate was they had chilli in them ! We Also had some cheese called emmental rape !

Wow! What an ace trip!!

Would love to do something like that myself - especially if it combined the Tour de France or the Giro d'Italia :)

we missed the tour de france by one day which was a shame

mcvw said:
Wow! What an ace trip!!

Would love to do something like that myself - especially if it combined the Tour de France or the Giro d'Italia :)

Latest posts