Extra internal sliding door handle at rear of door.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fallingoffalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I've "fixed" my self locking sliding door issue with a piece of blue tack I find that shutting it from the inside is a bit scary. I have to literally heave it as hard as I can which must put some large forces on the mechanisms. If however I shut it from the outside I just give the back edge I little push so it catches then the handle can bring it in.

So is it possible to attach a handle or strap to the bolts in the recess at the back of the door so I can pull the back in from the inside? It almost seems like it should have been something fitted as standard. I remember my late bay being the same.

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

Yup it is you need this:

https://www.buttysbits.com/product/bb-155-westfalia-sliding-door-helper/

Or with the handle:

https://www.buttysbits.com/product/bb-169-westfalia-sliding-door-helper-handle/

I've been saying for a few years I need to buy one, you might have given me the nudge I needed :D

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Or you can utilise the two bolts that are already there and make a small reversed loop of seat belt so that you can just pull the last bit in, works a treat and can’t catch on anything in the van.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,about eight inches is great :mrgreen:

Sorted. [emoji3]
5c97bb3edacb9172cbdfce85953b7cf4.jpg

No it doesn't catch, I've cut the metal loop off the end now, so it may brush the outside but no problem.

67westy, that's great, makes mine look like the bodge it is!!!

fallingoffalot said:
No it doesn't catch, I've cut the metal loop off the end now, so it may brush the outside but no problem.

67westy, that's great, makes mine look like the bodge it is!!!

I had a spare handle from when I changed to the double ended version so it was a cheap option :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I often thought about this but didn't nothing about it as just sorta always slammed the door when on the inside. But not anymore, will be getting one of these brackets shortly.

Ozzi, that looks better than mine as it pulls evenly on both bolts, mine is made of the seat belt internal metal bit, which fits perfectly, but it probably puts quite a bit for force through the single bolt. I'll change it I think.

fallingoffalot said:
Ozzi, that looks better than mine as it pulls evenly on both bolts, mine is made of the seat belt internal metal bit, which fits perfectly, but it probably puts quite a bit for force through the single bolt. I'll change it I think.
When you change it, make your two holes first, then put the two bolts in but one at a time and tighten them up as you don’t want to bugger up the adjustments that these bolts provide

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,just a piece of belt :mrgreen:

Latest posts