• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE 1968 (G reg) Devon Conversion very original

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j-dog 68

Reaction score
Hello,

This is a very reluctant sale, easy (one of the forum moderators) knows this bus and can vouch for it's state and quality.

For Sale is my very original excellent condition bay window Devon Conversion with original receipt of purchase on November 5th 1968 with Full service history (42 years). I am based in Bristol and the asking price is £10,750. I have created a web page with all pictures and details:

http://web.me.com/julesbhill/VW_SALE/Photos.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But here are some to be going on with.

DSC_1886-1.jpg

DSC_1889-1.jpg

DSC_1898-1.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

DSC_1902-1.jpg

This is a 1968 G reg. Devon Caravette Tax free RHD original walk through VW bay camper van. Turkis green & white, 88,000 miles, very good condition.We bought her in June 2007 ( 5 former keepers ) and she had already been extensively restored by the previous owner. We have the original purchase invoice from Merit Motors, Hadleigh, Benfleet, Essex dated 5th November 1968 together with 32 old MOT certs ! and a file full of bills. ( The current MOT is until 30.05.11 )

DSC_1894-1.jpg

DSC_1895-1.jpg

DSC_1896-1.jpg

The engine is a 1600cc single port, the previous owner has fitted a remote brake servo which is in the engine bay and makes the brakes very effective.

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

The interior is in extremely good condition as can be seen from the photos with the original Devon cupboards, seats and pull out bed which has drawers beneath. The headlining is in excellent condition. We have had all new rear seat and bed cushions made with new zip covers ( but we still have all but 1 of the original ones if the buyer wants them ). As well as the original radio in the dash ( which still works ) we have fitted a modern stereo radio & cd player & speakers.

DSC_1901-1.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

DSC_1890-1.jpg

DSC_2133-1.jpg

Please contact me for a veiwing.

Interesting to see a former van of mine, originally all over L90D. I bought this from the original owners grandson. Hope you have the original curtains too.
¬¬¬

Hi Rob,

To be honest I do not know. It was installed in e 90's. It makes the van brake like a modern car though. It is a brilliant safety feature and I can highly recommend it. Especially if you have heavy loads or kids in the car. Much safer that then normal braking.

A mechanic might be able to give you more detail. Sorry I can't help more dude. Very sad to see her go, but she will be used for what she was made for rather than sitting on my driveway being used for cruises only. So I am happy that she will get out and about much more with her new family.

Latest posts