Glad to have a bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Till

Reaction score
I had my first drive of a split today,i'm glad i've got bay :D Each to their own and all that and my brother in law has worked bloody hard to get his split on the road and sold his gorgeous ghia to get it,but i've allways prefered a bay and today just made me love my early bay even more :D

It sure does, it does have a bloody good heating system though, i'll probably never have one that good all the time i'm running J tubes :roll:

Just get Propex. Bluebird customs are doing them at £335 through ebay. Cheap as chips, & you can be warm all night ;)

The first time I drove my split I went cold and though blimey what have we done?!!

It was like driving a milk float.... :shock: :shock:

Anyway have since spent god knows what on trying to make it drive like a bay...IRS, '68 bay balljoint beam on the front, dual circuit brakes, a tickle with the lowering stick...now much better but I still don't feel confident in chucking it about like I do our bay..!

Bizarely we sold our previous bay to fund the split purchase but within a year had bought another bay as we missed it's practicality so much!! I love driving the bay so much I now use it as my daily driver :lol: :lol:

And.....we fitted a propex in it yesterday so no more freezing journeys to work, yippee!!

Propex are the way to go.....

how do these propex things work? do they fit into the current system so your blowers on the screen work etc? also any danger from fumes? Cheers

Here you go mate.

There is a good thread here that explains most of what your after. Any more questions just ask dude! :wink:

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=316768&highlight=propex

Cheers scampi...great link. connecting to the original system is the way to go.

ive never driven a splitty before but everytime i drive my bay i got a smile from ear to ear lol. i just love driving my van it rocks :D. i could never sell her for the world lol.

I fitted one for a customer recentley. It wasn't too hard to fit. The instructions were clear & the wiring is straight forward.

The only downer is cutting vent holes in the original wood.

A small price to pay for being toasty warm. It kicks out some heat too!

Maybe I should try to wangle some further discount for early bay members, with a unique product code. I think I willl struggle though, £335 is a keen price & now is the time to buy.
Maybe I can get a few put buy at dubfreeze?

i know there a pretty good price already but if we could get discount i would be interested. its cold up here in the north!

Latest posts