Got a tin top with roof rack and an awning? How have you attached it?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin

Reaction score
I’ve got a tin top and recently put a nice 3/4 nlavw rack on it. But also have recently bought a vango airbeam awning.

I know I need to do a dry run / setup of it, but I’d love to get it right first time. The awnings I’ve had in the past used a metal pole that slides in the sleeve of the awning then sits on the gutter of the van, simple, but now I’ve got 3 clamps for my rack in the way, it’s not gonna Work like that.

I’ve seen the nlavw do a “splitty” rail, but a £50 there’s got to be a better way, and he above doesn’t fit perfectly.

So how have you all gone about this?

Description and a pic would be great.

Cheers

Austin

We have a tin top, Vango airbeam awning and a 3 bow NLAVW rack :shock: . We bought another Kador strip and cut it into lengths along with the a fig 8 piece to fit between the bows (our is a 3 bow). Going on holiday in Buzzy McBusface next week so I could take a few pics. If you PM me your mob I could send them to you (That's the height of my Tech knowledge I'm afraid)

Alternatively will be camping at Stanford Hall and Early Bay Campout if you are there?

Thanks bud, sounds like we have the same set up!! That would be great if you could take a pic! Yes I’m also going to Stanford hall, going to be in the early bay club display!! I’ll pm oh my number bud.

Awning rail screwed to the roof racks. I've got a single rack front and back, but I would think a similar thing would work with any rack with supports far enough along the van.
42366501f2c25b533fc44d4557365867.jpg
843a6b7df52e94292d46760dfa3e6d42.jpg

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Latest posts