|Help / advice on Repro Wing Mirrors...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My reckoning now is that the mirrors themselves are good quality, the threads (alloy) are weak as they are to short (IMO) with the nut on. With a slimmer nut you'd have more thread and a better chance of tightening up etc.

Plan to have a chat with an engineer mate of mine and see if we can make a batch, would this be of interest to anyone?

Marvel said:
Fairly certain I got the C&C ones as well, and are still in super condition after 3 years.

Ive got one of their best quality mirrors - problem is the thread isnt long enough - as has been said, but also i dont like the quality of the actual mirror glass - not half as good as my original mirror :(

Marvel said:
When I say they are in super condition, I also meant that they fit properly.

Maybe they were better/different 3 years ago? :D

Pretty sure the best ones you can get from all suppliers are WW. Pics I have put up are mirrors over 2yrs old and ones bought August 2013. No diff in quality, for the trip I'm on a ground down a nut on the older set to save putting a new mirror on, when I get back I will look at sourcing or having made where needed some slimmer nuts so more thread can go into the door.

Latest posts