Help

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo1971

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
T2 early/late bay
M-codes
0606 060 a41 191 213 543
Hi I’ve not noticed this wire before. It’s just appeared so must have been connected somewhere? It’s from the roof of my engine bayC44A09B7-AB25-4E54-B389-B3A5554289FF.jpegC538C3CB-702B-4531-AC8D-529DBB82758C.jpeg92B6BF63-3A83-416D-A2D9-95AFF3CF9843.jpeg

Can any one tell me what cable it is and where it goes?

Thank you so much. Are they known to come loose?

That pipe will produce petrol fumes especially if the tank is full in hot weather. The rest of the pipework is buried behind the firewall and connected to the tank. There are rubber splices appx 2 inches long at various points. This is an extreme fire hazard as they are very possibly in there from when the van was built. The only way to replace these is with the engine out and with the firewall removed. Replacing these hoses is a few quid but the value of your van is priceless.

Attachments

• 427744.gif
    427744.gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 0
  • NEWbayfueltank.jpg
    NEWbayfueltank.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 0
That pipe will produce petrol fumes especially if the tank is full in hot weather. The rest of the pipework is buried behind the firewall and connected to the tank. There are rubber splices appx 2 inches long at various points. This is an extreme fire hazard as they are very possibly in there from when the van was built. The only way to replace these is with the engine out and with the firewall removed. Replacing these hoses is a few quid but the value of your van is priceless.

Thank you for your response. I take it that it isn’t just put it back where it came from then?

Hi all, only bought the bus last September, so still learning. Don’t have many photos, but luckily I did have this one. It was connected to the left carb, rubber fixing. I’ve just squeezed it back in. Should be ok??
FE8D9DBC-05EC-4959-8B18-41E1EB90DAC2.png

I feel a little silly now. Thanks for bearing with me. At least I now what that is, the importance of it and where it goes.
Thank you

Latest posts