I need a 'trim piece' to cover edge of lino by sliding door?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-FENS

Reaction score
I'm in the process of replacing the lino in my danbury and as I'm re-varnishing the cabinets aswell I'd rather not refit the gnarly looking original 'sheet ally' trim pice by the sliding door. (you can just make it out in the pic below) Have you got any pics & suggestions of things that can be easily obtained I could use to replace it?

Cheers

Ant

Picture025.jpg

been thinking about this myself,so I'll be following this thread Ant. worse case is I'll have to get an engineer to make a few up. (can't ask him too much as he's working on a Bay badge bar for me at the mo!)

Try http://www.vanwurks.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; they do a brushed stainless step trim for 25 quid if that's the sort of thing you're after...

Madmatz sell it, £10 a strip. It comes in two different depths, depending on how thick ypur flooring is.

If you look in the Beeglebus thread in the gallery section you'll see the one I fitted, looks the biz!

Sticky backed with super sticky stuff, so dead easy to fit. They'll be at Volksworld this weekend ;)

Here's my failed attempt at making my own it fouls the underside of the door could probably make it fit by grinding but I don't want to do that yet.Frankie

DSC03058.jpg

DSC03059.jpg

Well I got the lino down at the weekend, the trim panels are installed now aswell but I haven't taken a pic yet. I intend to hit the DIY shops starting tomorrow to see whats on offer. Nice effort by the way Frankie, I only got as far as thinking about trying to reproduce something!

Ant

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

go to b n q and head for the section that sells wardrobe trim, ali table legs, shelving, they`ve got lots to choose from whether plastic or metal , lots of different sizes too, i bought an L shaped black piece of trim for 3 SQUID spray on adhesive for carpets, job done :mrgreen:

I don't plan to. Doing that would see me pull what remains of my hair out. I plan to do it like this guy on the samba has, it's not like it gets mega traffic anyway.

312197.jpg

All done now, £6.99 from B & Q. Only tricky part was making sure I didn't drill into the sliding door track!

DSC_0121.jpg

Rest of the interior revamp is coming along slowly, varnished the back seat and sink cabinet

DSC_0123.jpg

Looking good there :)

My Dormy has its original ally strip and that fouls the bottom of the door slightly, done it from new.

The clearance between the bottom of the sliding door reinforcement ridges and the sill over the bottom runner is very small indeed so if you wanted to fit a strip that covers the whole sill, like Frankie made, it would have to be very thin sheet.

You could raise the door slightly if theres enough clearance between it and the gutter above it but that depends on your bus, some have bigger gaps than others, mines very tight. The only other option would be to increase the original gap by relieving either the door or the sill, which is fiddley and, IMO, only worth it if you trying to build a show bus rather than a use it and enjoy it bus. :)

Latest posts