Insurance for a daily driver...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giraffeinbath

Reaction score
Does anybody have any recommendations for who to use for a daily driver?

Ours isn't a daily, but we do want to be able to park outside the house occasionally as we don't have a drive and for the classic car insurance companies this would seem to present a problem. I've never found this to be an issue but having checked the small print of the policy we've taken out it would appear that it's very grey as to whether we would be insured if the van got stolen from outside the house as we correctly stated that the van would USUALLY be stored in a locked garage at a different location from our home. It's even a little unclear as to whether it would be insured anywhere if it got stolen during a time which the could categorise as 'overnight'.

We've called around today to find an insurer that will cover it parked on the street overnight at our postcode and nobody will touch it in what I would assume is a fairly low risk area. It's never been an issue before with the van, bug or ghia so we're a little bit stumped as to who to go to now.

Can anybody recommend an insurance company that have provided a competitive classic policy for a camper (worth 10-15K?) parked on the street outside their house?

Mines insured with HICs. Parked on the street every night, in Brighton, £11k confirmed value, used most days, 6k miles.
But I feel it's getting harder. I've been insured with them for five years and always renewed. Last year and the previous year I phoned around five or six other insurers and they all said no.

hic through just campers daily and work on street 15,000.00 cat1 alarm tracker 650.00 central London fully compbreakdown

sparkywig said:
Heritage at Norton Insurance.
Insured with them when I used a bay for work.

+1

My bus is our daily - no other vehicle owned ( Hardcore! :mrgreen: )

Heritage at Norton do agreed value on it too - parked on the street overnight.

Wasn't cheap mine you but cheaper than owning 2 vehicles
(My Mrs thinks otherwise though!)

Spence

Latest posts