Interior?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobo

Reaction score
Hi guys/gals,
Iv got a bit of a blank canvous for the interior of my early bay. It is a Devon concertina pop top type and the only thing in the bus is a 3/4 rock and roll bed. If you have any ideas or pics of your interior to start ideas for my bus as its comming to spring then i would be very happy to have a look. Any help will be great

Cheers Hobo

If you are keeping the 3/4 bed you may like to go with a design like this so that you actually have a full width bed to sleep on. It also has lots of storage under the side unit cushions.

Riviera2pics009.jpg

Riviera2pics011.jpg

AGC said:
If you are keeping the 3/4 bed you may like to go with a design like this so that you actually have a full width bed to sleep on. It also has lots of storage under the side unit cushions.

Riviera2pics009.jpg

Riviera2pics011.jpg

Love this interior but what is the white thing on the rocknroll seat near the floor? The thing in a cage.

I like them both to be honest. Like the rustic look of the devon and especially the pinups :). But i also like the comfortable look of the full width bed and cream interior.
Anyone else want to show there interior im sure people are curious dont be shy. :lol:

Hobo

I'm building mine at the moment, so here's some pics of the first stage

DSCF2656_zpsc6731d6e.jpg

DSCF2655_zps28328579.jpg

I've got the same set-up as you with a Devon concertina roof. I striped the original interior out when I started the project over 6 years ago as it was all covered in carpet and some of it was rotten, so I ended up with a blank canvas. However, the more i thought about what to do, the more I couldn't see past how the set-up of the original Devon interior was and how we used to camp in it as kids etc... So I went about building the units myself out of 12mm oak veneered plywood to try and keep the weight down a bit.

View from the front of the van (I really need to get some front seats sorted!). The top locker has a row of LED strip light on top of the fascia either side of the opening door. In the centre by the rear hatch is a third strip of LEDs illuminating the rear area. The lights are controlled via remote control, with the sensor hidden in the air vent at the rear.
fronttoback.jpg

Side locker with a sink mounted on the top and the water containers and electrics in the area below the sink. Originally had a coolbox in the devon interior, but decided a normal coolbox or portable 3 way fridge chucked in the van was a better use of space. The area to the left of the sink lifts up for storage. I mounted a couple of speakers in the kick panel under the rock and roll bed.
sinkp.jpg

seatandkickpanel.jpg

Originally we had a custom made 3/4 width buddy seat that blocked the walk-thru so more people could be seated in the van, but I actually got used to the walk-thru from driving it around without an interior during the resto! So the buddy seat is just a normal width one now. It has a sprung loaded flap on top of it to one day at a tv or something inside it (currently used for storage). For the upholstery on this, I just use a couple of Ikea seat pads vecro'd to the seat as it's not used during transit.
buddyseat.jpg

I reused the original cooker hob/grill and cleaned up the stainless surround. Gas bottle and cooking equipment is stored underneath.
cooker.jpg

The rear locker actually sticks out further the the top locker above it. This is deliberate as I wanted to retain the spare wheel in the rear and also use that cupboard for storage of tools/spare parts/haynes manual etc.. You will notice that there doesn't appear to be a way to get into it (no visible door), but the rear panel nearest the hatch is held on with strong magnets. This means you can remove this and get full access to the area behind. Viewed from inside the van, on top of the rear locker that sticks out past the top locker is a flushmounted cigarette lighter socket to enable me to charge my phone etc.. It also acts like a little shelf and means the phone is well out of the way so I don't accidentally tread or crush it when it's dark.
rearlocker.jpg

The obligatory "skimboard" table I made. The rail is off centered so that you can slide the table fully back over the buddy seat (instead of removing it) when you want to pull the 3/4 width bed out.
tablehpr.jpg

VanillaBear said:
AGC said:

Riviera2pics009.jpg

Riviera2pics011.jpg

Love this interior but what is the white thing on the rocknroll seat near the floor? The thing in a cage.

Its a tube heater. The mesh cover is so we dont burn our legs when sitting on the bench. We have it switched on when we have electric hook up. It can be left on all night when the bed is made up because it is a low heat. It keeps the van toasty warm all night ;) ;)

We remove the heater in the summer.

mine are homemade, loads of space left hand main cupboard now houses a 60ltr 12v marine compressor fridge.
[photobucket]
bednotes.jpg
[/photobucket]
and the door next holds all our pots pans plates and cutlery. the narrow doors to the right are clothes storage about 150ltrs of space. the far right door is the face to the lift up lid area

[photobucket]
P1010505.jpg
[/photobucket]
you can just see a piano hinge in the surface furthest from the smev hob it's a lift up lid for storage,

to be honest you would think it was heavy being made out of kitchen cabinets but having seen some of the "custom made" units using mdf the are pretty good and we have no probs,

Beautiful job busdiver. I have a blank bus too, and love the fact that its not a rolling wardrobe, did you buy the plans or make the yourself? I want room to move in the van and don't want to block out any light.

Lots of good ideas there and like many i dont want to block any of the windows as light is nice. Keep them comming folks but so far i am very impressed with the variety of different ideas just wish the weather was better so i can get started.

Hobo

Can I request this topic be kept alive as I'm also trying to get an idea of the interior I want. I think mine would be a cross between AGC's and Davebugs as they're both stunning.

Latest posts