Issue with 'A' Post & Door

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smudge310

Reaction score
Hi All,

After a year of the garage being a store room I have finally cleared it out so I can get back on the the van.

However I have returned to the same issue where I left it! (I had hoped some magical VW elves would have sorted it by now..!)

Anyway I bought my 1971 Bay on the premis that 80% of the bodywork was done... it was, just very badly.. One of the many issue is with the Drivers 'A' Post. It is 10mm further forward on the bottom half and therefore throwing the door out of alignment. HELP!

I had originally though of removing the weld to the bottom of the post and see if I can bring it back and re-weld, but can you, and what do I need to do with the chassis? cut it back a bit??

I have (hopefully) attached to pictures, one of the door dims, the other showing the gap...

What can I do?

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich, can you bang up a few more pics from various angles and distances and I’ll pop down the garage and compare with what I got. It’s really really hard to sort visually when some talented panel blenders have been up to no good. Generally make a hash then move it on because they can’t sort it out. You are waiting in vain for the elves because I’m on the list way way way before you I’m sure. :mrgreen: ;) :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,.,. They is very very busy them there elves i reckons :mrgreen:

Latest posts