ive crossed over to the left

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strongy

Reaction score
just collected my new bus,a montana red westy 1970, totally standard so far so good driving on the left was as expected and a doddle,im used to a bit more power and being a lot lower and less breezes but other than its good.

wiper fues blew on the way home which was fun,id have been disapointed if it hadent it would have been boring in the terential rain with wipers :lol:

loads to do on the old girl,seals should be hear tomorow and will be tinkering with all those little niggly bits ready for her first strongy family show at vanjamboree in 4 days

loads of planns for her but not much this year

il start a spruce up thread in gallery tomorow once ive had a good dig around her and took some better pics

and i know its not an early bug or a pick up but..................... :roll:

Good choice! now wheres them pics! ;)

i will also bookmark this thread and follow. i have a 71 LHD westy in Chianti red that has been oversprayed dogshit brown. basic but solid

Enjoy, I hope that she treats you as well as she treated us!

bit more tinkering today.still no pics.ive had the buffer and 3g out today and as come up even better than expected.endless amount of wrong colour tuch up took some getting off why do people paint a 10cm stripe over a 2 mm scratch? :roll: (not hamsters work, looks like its been there a good 10 years)

straigtend bumper out today and removed all the door seals and cleaned loads of over spray of the trims and rubbers.

tomorows jobs are ... fit door seals all round,fit louver window outer seals,fit new windscreen,remove interior,check floors and clean and hoover remove floor,fit new floor replace interior.and a bit more engine cleaning.

i will get some pics up asap of work in progress

thanks hamster.do you want your munford and sons cd back?

do you want your munford and sons cd back?

Nah, it's scratched to f##k and we've got the songs on the computer anyway :lol:

It sounds like you've made more progress with her in a few days than we ever did :oops:

Another westy in Lincoln :) I'll be keeping an eye out for it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

67westy said:

Mine should be ready end of June! Cant bloody wait!

StuF said:
67westy said:

Mine should be ready end of June! Cant bloody wait!

I know the feeling, ours should be ready at a similar time :) We should have a Lincoln Westy get together, there's a few about now

ul see me coming for sure,its the tallest thing in lincoln :lol: .im up for a get togeather some time.

just got in from another day on the old girl.finished the polishing.fitted door,engine and talegate seals,fitted lover window outer seals.took floor out the back.removed buddy seat(so the travel cot will fit) straigtend vw script and reatached.fitted new heater pipes.

really need to stick this in gallery and add some pics.mabee tomorow,quite enjoying having a mini project again 8)

Lincoln People! Just a note its classic car night at the Woodcocks in Burton Waters on the last thursday of every month. Starts at 6.30pm and runs til late. Its well attended by a wide range of cars, if its a nice night all kinds of vintage tin comes out to play but there are never that many volkswagens! Sounds like a good excuse for a meet up.

I grew up in Lincoln and me dad still lives there - Yarborough Crescent. Any of you old (50-ish)? I might know you. :lol:

ProfessorWheeto said:
Lincoln People! Just a note its classic car night at the Woodcocks in Burton Waters on the last thursday of every month. Starts at 6.30pm and runs til late. Its well attended by a wide range of cars, if its a nice night all kinds of vintage tin comes out to play but there are never that many volkswagens! Sounds like a good excuse for a meet up.

I keep forgetting about this, when I get the bus back I reckon I'll get over. Probably wont be till the end of July or august though :lol:

ZedBed said:
I grew up in Lincoln and me dad still lives there - Yarborough Crescent. Any of you old (50-ish)? I might know you. :lol:

rules me out :lol:

Latest posts