• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for: early trip speedometer

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rustbus

Reaction score
First post! Yea lame it's a wanted ad i know - please accept my apologies

I've been watching the web for an early trip speedometer for over a year with no luck, so thought I would try across the pond. (from Canada)

I have 2 late bay trippers, a mid grey and a late black unit, I ws hoping to trade if necessary. If I can buy an early straight up that works too, I would put the lates for sale to compensate!

Anyhow if anyone is able to help me get my hands on one that would be fantastic

Thanks

Hi and welcome - links to 2 that are on UK ebay at the moment (I think they are for sale by "Scott Wilson" on here) - for sale as complete cluster so may be expensive to ship Canada.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CAMPER-T2-BAY-WINDOW-EARLYBAY-TRIP-SPEEDO-CLUSTER-/110765425019?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item19ca22417b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CAMPER-T2-BAY-WINDOW-EARLYBAY-TRIP-SPEEDO-CLUSTER-/110779514578?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item19caf93ed2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps :)

Good luck in the search fella and welcome to the forum.
The ones listed are top top money even with the UK scene tax (you will find a pattern appearing with the seller)
The dash pods are basically junk as you cant give them away, but the seller will tell you these go for around £40 so ask for a £40 discount and just have the clock posted and save on the postage costs slightly.

clyde i`m fed up with your attitude man.If you have nothing good to say then don`t say it.I do not post on your dealings as you and i really dont like each other.Cut it out please or get your boxing gloves out for a charity bout or something

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT :lol: :fighting0030: :fighting0030:

Anyway dont let the attention go to your head, i would help anyone new to the forum stir away from over priced sales who ever it was selling so dont feel special. Its just how i am.
I would like you to jump on my threads if im over charging for the few things i sell every now and again, but as i dont im not really expecting any comments but feel free. ;)

Jesus guys, I was just trying to help the guy out. God knows what he must be thinking about this forum now. I've been on here on and off for over 5 years now and the lack of this kind of thing is why I have stayed so long - lets try and keep it the best VW forum on the net hey?

C'mon guys chill out now....

Rustbus - they come up regularly on the site so do keep your eyes peeled, you may want to try the other side too, thelatebay.com who'd be happy to take the late clocks off your hands although yours will be KPH I'm guessing.....

I'm having a shitty enough time with the rugby club parent fuckwitts I dont really want to be moderating people and banning fecking spammers aswell....so can we grow up or just, as suggested buy some gloves, and take it outside.....

The OP is after a speedo simple, the rules are no chit chat, this is full of shit shat, so can we stop it and let the man find a speedo....

Hey Thanks for the warm welcome fellas, i did feel kinda cheezy popping in just to post a wanted ad - but i appreciate the help!

I will take a look at those ebay ones and contact the seller for details. That's you Scott who has posted here?

yes, the ones i have are km/h...is that not desirable in the UK? i would have expected it was!? certainly are here in canada, but its not a hard requirement on old cars. we have it easy here as far as being able to drive anything, so long as it passes a low-detail safety inspection. they only sniff on the west coast.

good tip to check late.bay as well, I'll check that place out.

again i do appreciate the help, thought i would take a beating for membering-up just to want stuff. the drama doesnt bother me, its healthy to see people being honest and every forum has its share

Thanks!

Kris

Good to hear kris,,,,,,, now stop takin the piss and post on the rest of the site ya two bit scrounger :lol: :lol:

Nah but to be honest i wouldnt worry about where you post its always nice to hear from newbies :)
Would love to blast round canada in a bus 8)
Snow-pikey on here did a good bit camping in canada inthe winter in a westy too! Brrrrr :mrgreen:

rustbus said:
the drama doesnt bother me, its healthy to see people being honest and every forum has its share

Thanks!

Kris

Like your style man and like i said welcome and good luck with the search. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts