Microbus interiors

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE LAST PANZER

Reaction score
Anyone else on here got a microbus with all the seats in? Ours has but we're thinking of getting them all recovered maybe next year and just looking for a bit of inspiration... show us what you got! 8)

This is ours now, but we're also thinking of trying to get hold of a three seater middle seat, as this is what it would have had originally...

100_1309-1.jpg

Mine was like that when i got it except mine is walkthrough.
Removed the centre and rear and in the middle of fitting a RnR bed.
Wont be going mad with the interior but if i ever brake down and fancy a knap........

Hey Jim, need to get some pics sorted but i put a microbus interior in my new one. Got them of a guy (Kev) on here, rear and three seater middle in alabaster the same as the rest of mine, but im the opposite to you as mine should have a two seater middle set.

Got a question if you dont mind on the bolts/bracket set up for the rear seat. I had no brackets and just bought some from Kieft en Klok that are via wagonswest but they are to small and make the top lie back to far, and you cant fit the screw/bolts to the actual back of the seat. do you have any pics/measurements for the brackets on yours, or if your at the December meet at the american diner i'm looking to go so can see yours their :)

Finally got it all registered and on the road this week and done about 60 mile in it so far :D

cheers

Karl

hi ive got a one with a three person middleseat ................ ive got the z hinges in the back too so we have a bed when we need it too anyhow heres a few pics
100_1555.jpg

100_1554.jpg

100_1032.jpg

p.jpg

u.jpg

iits made by TMI in the states and is very good quality i went through karmann konnection to get them (they were the cheapest), took about 6 weeks , i got the cards and headliner from them too

chris

Often admired your bus on here and in print Chris, not yet seen it in the steel though :) ......one day

Can i ask what brackets hold the rear seat upright to the side of the bus, thats what im haveing issues with, as i cant fit the seat belts till the seat is fixed in place :?:

Nugsy said:
Often admired your bus on here and in print Chris, not yet seen it in the steel though :) ......one day

Can i ask what brackets hold the rear seat upright to the side of the bus, thats what im haveing issues with, as i cant fit the seat belts till the seat is fixed in place :?:

Hi thanks for the compliment , I'm going the Xmas meet if your there ;)

These are the brackets I don't use them as intended due to having z hinges
0394207d.jpg

Where the two slotted holes are where they attach to seat
b2449d24.jpg

So the back seat just rests on them
Hope this helps ,

Chris

Those look like what i bought from Kieft en Klock just the ones i bought look way smaller, when i screw them into the side the slots are about a cm short either side to fit the seat. You cane lengthen the slots as there isnt enough material and if i space them from the side panel my screws aint long enough :lol:

Think i'm gunna have to make some instead. Is there a gap bewteen your seat back and the rear bulkhead, at fist i thought it followed the angle, but then when i left it like that it felt like you were on a chais long. I'll have to get a proepr look at the december meet, and see what a tidy microbus is meant to look like :)

I've always been a fan of nice original Microbuses. :D

I love my Danbury for its original Microbus trim, but if ever I was wanting a change, a complete Microbus would be on the shopping list!

hi again i would say the back seat slopes a little more than the middle , and there is a gap of about 10 mm between seat and rear shelf

chris

Nugsy said:
Hey Jim, need to get some pics sorted but i put a microbus interior in my new one. Got them of a guy (Kev) on here, rear and three seater middle in alabaster the same as the rest of mine, but im the opposite to you as mine should have a two seater middle set.

Got a question if you dont mind on the bolts/bracket set up for the rear seat. I had no brackets and just bought some from Kieft en Klok that are via wagonswest but they are to small and make the top lie back to far, and you cant fit the screw/bolts to the actual back of the seat. do you have any pics/measurements for the brackets on yours, or if your at the December meet at the american diner i'm looking to go so can see yours their :)

Finally got it all registered and on the road this week and done about 60 mile in it so far :D

cheers

Karl

Hey fella good to here your on the road, we are going to the american diner meet so feel free to have a snoop :D we had the same problem with our rear seat back rest brackets, it turns out they differ from year to year but i'll give you as much info on the day of the meet. Can't wait to see your bus :D

crede999 said:
hi ive got a one with a three person middleseat ................ ive got the z hinges in the back too so we have a bed when we need it too anyhow heres a few pics
100_1555.jpg

100_1554.jpg

100_1032.jpg

p.jpg

u.jpg

iits made by TMI in the states and is very good quality i went through karmann konnection to get them (they were the cheapest), took about 6 weeks , i got the cards and headliner from them too

chris

Holy shit thats absolutely stunning way way better than mine i love it, total respect fella :D

Below are a couple of images I've swiped off the Samba. I wanted to restore my microbus to its original spec. I think the chrome trim was 67/8?
727142.jpg

5.jpg

641681.jpg

Lordain Volley said:
Below are a couple of images I've swiped off the Samba. I wanted to restore my microbus to its original spec. I think the chrome trim was 67/8?
641681.jpg

Good to see you back :)

dont remember seeing that on the samba :lol: if it wernt the fact it was a red bus i'd think it was mine on any given weekend :lol:

I've had the seats in my 70 deluxe recovered using TMI interiors. I think they do fairly good after mkt products.
P5270142.jpg

P5270141.jpg

P5270143.jpg

I have a spare 3 seater middle with tilt on the right at workshop if you are still after one Im near durham so not a million miles away

Nic B-C said:
I have a spare 3 seater middle with tilt on the right at workshop if you are still after one Im near durham so not a million miles away

Hi fella, what colour is it and also it depends on what you want for it, money and fuel up there are deciding factors., but yeah i'm interested :D Also do you mean the tilt is on the right as you sit in the seat because if its on the right as you look at it from the front this is for a R/H/D and thats no good for me :cry:

Have you any pics?

Cheers

Jim, just had a thought if you want to get yours recovered

My Bus has got a 3 seat middle but in Alabaster and should have a 2 seater

Yours has the opposite, see where im going with it lol

Maybe if you got an odd colour middle seat it will force you to get the retrim :lol: and vice versa

A 2 would be easy for me to as i gotta get to kids in the back seat and they aint exactly spacious when your my size :shock:

I'll get some pics up later tonight

Can swap at the Diner meet if your up for it, or cash either way as yours look tidier

I'm slowly converting my '68 back into a bus. I've been collecting original red panels and seats for years.......

I've picked up an original front middle seat which was white but I've had it re-trimmed using an old '66 Beetle rear seat material

76542_10150095258772565_594147564_7389559_7468205_n.jpg

I've also just picked up this lot in original condition.......

293463_10150367637052565_594147564_10070999_5526259_n.jpg

Nugsy said:
Jim, just had a thought if you want to get yours recovered

My Bus has got a 3 seat middle but in Alabaster and should have a 2 seater

Yours has the opposite, see where im going with it lol

Maybe if you got an odd colour middle seat it will force you to get the retrim :lol: and vice versa

A 2 would be easy for me to as i gotta get to kids in the back seat and they aint exactly spacious when your my size :shock:

I'll get some pics up later tonight

Can swap at the Diner meet if your up for it, or cash either way as yours look tidier

Definately interested fella, i'll have a peek at them. Just to warn you my middle 2 seater is not in great condition

Well it looks shiny compared to mine :lol:

71Deluxe0005.jpg

Got it off (Kev) Osullivan on here it looks patchy as he loosely sprayed it with a light grey vinyl die, i reckon given a scrub and masked off and done again would look a lot neater

Its got the correct grab handle and ashtray too, but you can also see the only rip on the top corner

71Deluxe0006.jpg

Do you need one of them foam arm rests too?

Latest posts