Mulling it over

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnS

Reaction score
Last weekend was our first bus outing this year. The bus had been laid up since the autumn but I had her plugged into a battery conditioner so the start up wasn't too much of a drama. Drove up the road to Oban on Friday afternoon to catch the Mull ferry and then headed out to the Ross of Mull (western bit overlooking Iona). There's a great site right on the beach at Fidden - the location is 5 star although the amenities are very basic but entirely adequate so it keeps most of the motorhome brigade away. If you've never been to the Hebrides maybe these pics will inspire you all to visit - the scenery (when you can see it) is breathtaking and if beaches and mountains are your thing then you won't be disappointed.

The shiny bus load out....

0705balvicar1.jpg

0705balvicar5.jpg

This is your early morning call (with EarlyBay plug)......

0705fidden6.jpg

Fidden Beach looking across to Iona.....

0705fidden10.jpg

0705fidden1.jpg

Some happy campers.....

0705fidden11.jpg

Boat trip to the Treshnish Isles......

0705lunga8.jpg

Cheese & pickle sarnies with the puffins on Lunga.....

0705lunga2.jpg

^^^AWTL^^^ (Agree with that lot) :wink:

Superberb pics and van and looks like a lovely family :D

crackin pics, love it, makes me wanna go campin NOW!

where did you get that sticker from btw? is it thru this website?

Thought i recognised that campsite. Went there two years ago. Very nice campsite but as stated the facilities are basic. But the views are fantastic. Highly reconmend the destination to everyone.

Scott-Westy said:
where did you get that sticker from btw? is it thru this website?

Go to "Early Bay Shop" and look at top left of the page where's there's a link to the Slook website.

Thanks for all the comments. What the pictures don't show is the wind - it was howlin'.

That looks so nice, sweet looking camper.
I had to drive to the isle of skye last weekend for work, it was my first time over the border :lol:fantastic place. , we passed so many campers i wished i was in mine.

Latest posts