Non standard 3 point belts, recommendations?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

983 Huey

Reaction score
Fancied putting some more modern inertia reel type seat belts in our bus, wondered what people have used and what donor car they were from etc..

Thanks, Doug.

aye the securon ones are the classic car standard

cheaper on ebay as said than JK etc

I've got securon on mine and I hate the damn things. They don't retract fully after a year or two unless you stand there and feed them in etc. Might just be mine but they feel horrible,and they tighten as you're going along to the point of being very uncomfortable also sort of rough on your neck or am I a woossss ? :mrgreen:
So they are another thing on my to do list. I'm thinking of getting some coloured ones too and matching the rears. I've been looking at those raisers for the rear window side seats and getting some custom ones made. The best available from most reports are the made to measure ones from Planet seat belts or seat belts planet in the states. Measure up what you want, choose the colours you'd like, pick your buckles and receivers and pay your dosh, then wait like a school kid going on their first date :p then fit them when they come : :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, don't think they are cheap though,, but very good :mrgreen:

Went down the local scrap dealer and got a set out of a Golf. Remove the ball bearing lockout mechanism and
hey presto they work like a charm. Cost £40 for both.

J & P
:D :D :D

Latest posts