• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

O/E German '68-'73 Headlamps

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slook

Reaction score
Pair of German 1968-1973 Headlights

Excellent chrome, excellent reflectors, excellent condition overall.

I'd give these 9 out of 10 condition wise - the faults are a slight area of one reflector that the chrome has come away, but this doesn't show in the photos it's that minor. One of the chrome rims has a slight imperfection in it (again barely noticeable and won't show in a photo). These are both manufacturing faults rather than wear and tear.

One lens is stamped Hella and the other Bosch, but this would be easy to change if you have a pair of lights with nasty chrome.

HeadlampsStripped.jpg

HeadlampsAssembled1.jpg

HeadlampsAssembled2.jpg

Genuine headlamp rims are £47.00 each at VW Heritage (when they are available) and the chrome reflectors are £39.95 each!

These were originally going on the '82 bug in my signature (have a look - you will see I don't use poor/cheap parts) but I managed to get a set of NOS ones for my bug ('69 in my signature) so these are now for sale.

I have stripped them down and cleaned/polished them thoroughly so they are ready to go on. To go on a bus the lenses need rotating 90 degrees - I don't mind doing this if neccessary, but it's an easy job.

£40 each or £70 the pair INCLUDING postage.

[email protected]

:)

Please note that this is a private sale, I thought it easier to use 'Slook' than register again!

Araon said:
Very niice man worth the cash......

Cheers dude. It's incredibly hard if not impossible to get lights this good without buying new for pushing £150.

:)

Latest posts