opinions

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevenhewkin91

Reaction score
Hi all after some opinions.

I knownthat it will probably be a mixed bag of opinions but would like to see what people think.

Wheel/ hubcap combos.

Our van is 69 deluxe with og paint and a set of ratty ish stock steels on. Plan for the van is to go dropped spindles and dropped horseshoe plates at the rear over winter so quite low!

Question is leave them as is

Or paint them cloud white. same colour as the bumper and roof ect. (Front bumper has been sprayed since photos)

Onto hubcaps we have some quite shiny but not perfect hubcaps on.

I thought something like this

Obviously with the wheels a nice sprayed white as well.

Or find some decent nice bright shiny hubcaps.

In my opinion the wheels are a bit to ratty and drag the van down a bit but Dont want to spray the wheels and then not be happy with how they look?

So ratty and nice chrome? Or nice painted wheels and nice chrome caps? Or nice painted wheels with white caps?

everyones got white wheels grey hubcaps though.

anyone know of any super shiny hub caps going?

cheers

Standard as they are in the pix.
With original unpainted hubcaps.

Rich

First pic gets my vote, but at end of day your bus your rules.

Love the bus, love the painted hubcaps too. Just not too sure that they go together well.

In other words, I am no help at all.

As has been said, your bus, your call. There is a little devil in me that says 'it is good to be different' though. :D

Kev

aogrady said:
dubscum said:
nice looking bus mate, I vote do something different

How about these then?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1416518" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers!

Alistair

Now they would look different I like them alot

baz1875 said:
aogrady said:
dubscum said:

How about these then?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1416518" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers!

Alistair

Now they would look different I like them alot

if i was running wide 5 steels i would roll these

aogrady said:
dubscum said:

How about these then?

Cheers!

Alistair

Or even different than what's pictured?

terabupa.jpg

All color combinations are possible, so dont worry about matching the Truck Art colors to suit your EB color scheme:)

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

From this

To this

With the possibility of this

Ive got two sets of hubcaps so can pick and choose what I feel like dependant on mood haha

hi all,

after painting one wheel,

ive realised i need two shiny hubcaps as two of them wont cut it now the wheels are painted. so does anyone have a couple to sell?

also found out i only have 3 too be painted white so does anyone have one with a pressed in logo. doesnt matter if its rusty as its going to be prepped before paint. no dents though.

cheers

Latest posts