Ordering bits - but from where??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gninnam

Reaction score
Just want to know the feeling of the community regarding ordering chassis bits - which is the best
to get them from?

Been looking at JK & Heritage and the prices end up being similar - I need the following:

Inner Centre Sill (Between Inner and Outer Sills) Offside (Right)
Inner Centre Sill With Track For Sliding Door - Nearside (Left)
Inner Sill - Nearside (Left)
Inner Sill - Offside (Right)
Outer Sill & Side Panel (For Opposite Side to Sliding Door)
Outer Sill Type 2 August 1967 to May 1979 Offside (Right)
Front Chassis Cross Member
Front Outrigger and Jacking Point - Nearside (left)
Front Outrigger and Jacking Point - Offside (right)
Rear Chassis Cross Member
Rear Jacking Point - Nearside (Left)
Rear Jacking Point - Offside (Right)
Rear Outrigger - Nearside (Left)
Rear Outrigger - Offside (right)
Rear Outrigger - Nearside (Left)
Rear Outrigger - Offside (Right)
Steel Heater Tube 127cm Long, 90mm Dia

Or, doesn't it matter as it's a gamble as to the quality you get :(

Thanks in advance :wink:

Heritage are a good start 8)

Schofield?
I think he makes some of the parts himself rather than the brazilian tat, might be worth comparing price & quality.
haveacamper has bought a few bits from Schofield ask him about them, think he got a discount as well.

Loxy said:
Schofield?
I think he makes some of the parts himself rather than the brazilian tat, might be worth comparing price & quality.
haveacamper has bought a few bits from Schofield ask him about them, think he got a discount as well.

As Loxy said, i've just spent alot of money with them, and on some of the parts i had 10% off. i've been happy with wat i've got so far. i havent got around to fitting alot of the stuff but its true that some of the parts are made in this country. i still had to pay for postage but in the end i had about £50 discount. I know that VWheritage do free postage over a certain amount (which varies if its body panels or parts). you could save even more money though if you placed an order with Schofields, got a discount and collected it from a show.

having said that i did buy alot of my steering stuff from VWHeritage at 2pm on a wed and was with me on the following day!

all mine have come from schofields, even down to the complete cab floor that came in two peices that they made for me bespoke. if the order is that big mate ring them before a show and he'll bring to the show to save you the postage. win win

Thanks for the replies folks.
Noticed that Schofields web site is down - does anyone have the phone number
for them?

Postage ain't too much of an issue as I need them, if not this week, then early doors
next!

Cheers :D

Get them at Stanny Hall, show discount.Don't bother with steel heater tube use plastic it doesn't rot

Steve

I ordered pretty much all the same parts you've listed there a short while ago, mostly from JK. £5 next day delivery and not too much manipulating to get to fit!

Ok everyone - created a spreadsheet with costs and not much in it!!!!

Will order tonight as want it for Tuesday next week.
Will try JK and see what happens!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all who answered!
Will let you know what the parts are like and also how they fit :wink:

Latest posts