Parking

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newhippy

Reaction score
Do those on here (particularily those who live or visit) know that it is not allowed to park your VW camper van along the whole of the sea front from Holland on Sea to the end at Clacton on Sea. The whole area is covered apart from a very small stretch which is open to all vehicles by a Traffic Regulation Order banning everything except 'cars'. :shock: :evil:

? really, I'd argue that as I use it almost everyday it is my car and less of a camping vehicle!.

I would of thought if I saw that I'd park there anyway and it would hopefully be aimed at commercial vehicles or modern vans, not historic vehicles as it says on the taxation class.

Write and ask the council to clarify :D

I have been in touch with the council, they have sent the plans and the wording. Only cars are to be parked there, have now asked for there definition of a car. Watch this space.

W#nk€*s - who do they think they feckin are? Think we should all head down there early one sat morning for an EB meetup! :evil:

Think I might have found an error in the North Essex Parking Partnership's ban on parking. I have asked for their definition of a motor car, these are allowed along the sea front. Definition is "Motor Car means a mechanically propelled vehicle not being a motor cycler or disabled persons vehicle which is constructed itself to carr a load or passengers and the weight of which unladen does not exceed two tonnes (obviously not into metric yet)" I have found a T2 weighs aprox 1.5 tonnes so weight wise that is under max for a car, also on the DVLA a motor home must have amongst other things a permanently fixed cooking facility within the vehicle, powered by gas or electricity, which my Westfalia dosen't have, so as I see it it can't be classified as a motor caravan in their eyes Think I might be in the clear but as I said before 'Watch this space'.

Latest posts