• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rat Bay For Sale!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRINNER

Reaction score
Libby for sale!

£5000 in Lincoln

Yes it's a late Bay. Sorry.

This is Libby! A 1975 TAX FREE rat look rag top camper with 12 months MOT (14th October).

She won an award at 2011 bus-freeze for best rat!

She has a fresh re-built 1776 (1.8) engine with Phat Boy exhaust, has just over 1384 miles on it. No idea how many miles are on the van itself due to the change in clocks.

New fully opening dark red rag top! You can literally sleep under the stars, but in a bed.

Porsche rep Fuchs alloy wheels. Fat tyre on the back, skinny tyre on the front for the rat-rod look! It's also lowered, but not a great deal.

The rust look was achieved by the last owner, it was done by stripping the paint, covering in vinegar and left for two weeks then clear coated. I clear coat it before every winter, two 500 ml cans from Halfords covers it. The front, back and roof are painted red oxide. HOODRIDE graffiti on sliding door. There is corrosion underneath but the MOT fails have been repaired professionally. Early bay ratty bumpers due to an old repair been done with an early front, I bought it with no bumpers and added them myself. Rear bumper has a bottle opener and iron cross bolted on. The front of the roof has some odd bumps on it, looks like a repair of sorts.

Full width rock and roll bed. Ratty interior with cupboard with bottle opener, for gas cylinder (included) and cooker (the cooker has a broken hob knob, still has one job and grill, could be fixed?) drift wood dashboard and bed end, coffee sack Lined inside that has been fire proofed, bamboo lined doors and roof areas, lino floor, ammo bag iPod holder, VW figure, skateboard wheel window winders, homemade thick curtains, Saab (we think) leather seats with fully working electrics, Mooneys gear nob and accelerator pedal, gear stick extender, iron cross clutch and brake pedal, uprated accelerator link, small hot/cold electric fan, tankard and tea tin dash storage, loud air horn, Beetle speedometer, fuel tank gauge is iffy, i fill up after 200 miles or so, many amusing stickers. leisure battery with spare dashboard switches, four port 12 volt fag lighter style sockets. Oil temp and pressure gauges. In cab fire extinguisher. Sony head unit and 6 x 9 speakers. A box full of stuff like spares and an EMPI breather kit (costing £30) I've not gotten round to fitting, with it being bored out to 1776 the extra pressure can push oil out of the seals, not seen any yet hence it's not fitted.

Comes with a big blue awning that separate living area and bedroom. No instructions for erection, but me and the wife worked it out with no problem.

Just MOT'd so it's good to go for all of next years season. You've then got all winter to make it yours, it'll not take much to make it a blank canvas and really make it yours.

Did I mention its TAX FREE!

There is a lot to this van, I've tried to be as open and honest as I can. Cash on collection. In a world of over priced bog standard bays it's priced to sell. I have a baby girl now and she is my priority now, the van has to go.

...and it's been pointed out that a real dash may help it sell.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/282235269500?_mwBanner=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pathetic!

I see this has been moved here to the "non earlybay" forum. I don't understand why there are two forums for early and late bays. Who really cares? They're all Bays with slight differences. It's this type of bullshit is why I'm happy to be leaving the VW world.

GRINNER said:
Pathetic!

I see this has been moved here to the "non earlybay" forum. I don't understand why there are two forums for early and late bays. Who really cares? They're all Bays with slight differences. It's this type of bullshit is why I'm happy to be leaving the VW world.

Just an idea but maybe it's because it's not an earlybay?

Your tantrum has really added to your sales pitch too :lol:

Latest posts