Rear hatch seal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chill 71

Reaction score
Ok i sent for a new rear hatch seal from JK's which duely arrived, took the old one out, fitted the new one,.........not right impressed! Every time i closed the hatch it pushed the rubber out of the top channel.Glued it in with Copydex, same thing. Any ideas ? :|

you will probably need to shave the back of the seal to fit anyway, i found this with two different seals.

It needs to be done carefully as its easy to slip (as i did) and cut the thing in two :oops:

you wont see the back of the seal so it doesnt need to be pretty.

Ok thanks I will give it a go. It seems like the one that came out was kinda diomond shape ,( in profile) but I wasn't sure if that was because it had been in there for 37 years. The new one is a D shape !

I have the opposite problem... mine doesn't quite seal against the hatch, meaning I get a damp boot floor if it rains heavily :(

Tofufi said:
I have the opposite problem... mine doesn't quite seal against the hatch, meaning I get a damp boot floor if it rains heavily :(

did you try packing it from behind or the side at the offending spot?

Bin the JK one mate and get one from status vw , more money but WELL worth it :wink:

got mine from schofields....best forty squid i ever paid..fit snug as a bug and no glue needed, not going anywhere :mrgreen:

Latest posts