Rear heated window questions - 71

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milfredo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have located the wires for the heated rear window, repaired the corroded and broken ends and check continuity of the element which seems fine. I and am ready to wire in the switch as per the wiring diagram; Off a 16amp fuse, 2.5 wires etc but somewhere in the manual, it mentions a regulator that controls the heat to the window. This is not in the diagram and I can find no evidence of it in my engine bay.

Q - do I follow the diagram and just wire in my switch or am I missing a bit of the puzzle?

May as well update... wired in the switch and with the screen disconnected, I got 13.5v at the connector at the window end. Connected live side minus the earth and got 11.5 so 2.5 volts in the element seemed intentional. Seems intentional enough so I connected it all up. I think that is all switches and functions working... apart from rear heat duct cable, external hook-up power... cool bananas.

May as well update... wired in the switch and with the screen disconnected, I got 13.5v at the connector at the window end. Connected live side minus the earth and got 11.5 on the other side of the element so 2.5 volts drop. Seems intentional enough so I connected it all up. I think that is all switches and levers functions working now... apart from rear heat duct cable under driver seat and external hook-up power... cool bananas.

Latest posts