• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Roof Rack £50

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ginga

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
ex westy
I think this is a VW America roof rack, I bought it off a bloke who'd imported a splitty and it was fitted to it. It is 1.4m long and is quite patina'd. It would look good on a patina van or could be renovated - it doesn't need anything other than stripping and painting - some rails are slightly bent and one has a crack in the weld but I'm guessing it's 50 odd years old.

It came with no fittings so I made some hooks and used ratchet straps as per the pics. It has been around Europe and had no issues. I only use it now for my spare wheel but as I'm taking van off road for winter as I now have a garage it won't get used and I won't need it next year.

I am in Tideswell in Peak District

looking for £130

cheers
Ginga

Price drop to £100, could deliver to Manc/Sheffield/Derby areas

Now down to £90, last call before I stick it in storage for the winter.

Anyone want this?

£50 works perfectly if you're happy with the ratchet clamps or I'm sure you could sort something more attractive looking if needed.

Collection from Buxton area.

Got any better pictures of the feet? Wonder what it would take to get clamps...
I'm tempted but I don't know when I'll next be heading your way. Going to the Christmas Diner Meet?

I get up to leeds quite a lot so that's no issue, i'll try and get pics to you this afto but got an alternator and exhaust to change on the other motors....

Latest posts