Some help and advice please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knighty

Reaction score
We're going to be travelling around France for 3 weeks in June. It'll be the first time that we've done any serious mileage in the bus. Anyone got any hints and tips on what we should do to the bus before we go, and a good list of spares to take with us.

Cheers all

OK I'll start..

Oill change, check valve clearances, and ignition timing, new plugs, points and leads if not done for a while. Grease up beam.

Check tyres (inc spare). Adjust brakes and check material on shoes and/or pads.

Carry new fan belt, dynamo brushes, cables (throttle & clutch).

Toolkit, decent set of metric spanners, socket set, pliers, molegrips screwdrivers, gaffer tape and coat hanger wire to stie things back-up.

.. well thats what I would do.

Bulbs and generics stuff can be bought on the go. JK will also send spares out to camp-sites if summat real bad happens.

Cheerss

James

To ad to that, spare points, condenser, arm and cap.

As it is France also checkthe safety items required or I understand there are on the spot fines (Hi Vis jacket, warning triangle, bulbs)

European breakdown cover that gets you, bus and passangers home should you brake down and can't repair it easily

Good luck

Just to reiterate in France you will need to carry bulbs and trinagle and Hi Vis', they do on occassion congregate about the ports and stop unsuspecting brits.....

they used to let you off with a warning when a 10 euro note was flashed alledgedly ;)

Latest posts