tunes of 07 good and bad

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strongy

Reaction score
just been listening to arcade fire in the bath :lol: and had to let every one know,that dosent all ready have the album "neon bible" they need to buy it.

my fave on the album is "no cars go"

oh and while im hear i also have to let every one know i really dislike takethat watched the re run of last night and thought they were awfull old men trying to be young

pointless thread but im board

add your own faves and hates :wink:

oh happy new year to all

I dug the Arcade Fire album too, Babyshambles, Amy MacDonald and Pigeon Detectives on rotation for me at the moment.

I saw some Later with Jools last night and was disappointed .... the wife plipped over to watch some Take That to my disgust :)

oh and as much as a wanted to like kate nash.i just dont get it.

this a line from a song called birds

"birds can fly so high and they can shit on ya head,ye they can almost fly in to your eye and make you feel so scared"

mmmm not sure :lol:

Arcade Fire rock big time. We went to see them earlier this year, absolutely awesome.

This year I've also been liking;

Cage The Elephant
The Wombats
The view
Alexisonfire

and many many more. I've also started to really get back into a lot of earlier stuff.

As for hates, well take your pick from any off the usual Take That, Spice Girls etc pop fodder out there.

I'm 34 and seem to keep going back to the 80's for some reason.

I've got a varied collection on my ipod from classical to thrash metal but don't really get a chance to listen to new music. Maybe i'm thinking back to when i was stress free and slimmer.

I've always loved music and what rather play it than watch the box.

As for what's the best tune of 2007 it's got to be the sugerbabes latest. Not my taste but my daughter who's 4 & loves it and when it comes on she sings her heart out.

As for the worst anything by Westlife.. they make my skin curl for some reason.

New eagles album is cool, also got Power Ballads for crimbo, proper dad music :lol:

Currylager - will be off to see the Foo Fighters at Wembly this june 8)

Can't stand Take That, Kylie and Spice Girls :twisted:

dubberdaz said:
New eagles album is cool, also got Power Ballads for crimbo, proper dad music :lol:

I admire Take That considering what they have done on their come back.

I bumped in to Gary Barlow with his kids about 2 years ago in a Borders store.

He had long hair and a beard and about 4 stone heavier but knew it was him straight away. Admire what he has done since and also writes some timeless songs.

Also talked to Jason Orange who' is a bit of a tosser at VW NothWest about 8 years ago.

kempy said:
I'm 34 and seem to keep going back to the 80's for some reason .

well 80s for me screems out the cure love some talking heads stuff as well but the cure are one my all time faves

ive promised my self to go and see arcade fire this year,theres no feelin beter than when an album exsites you :D

kempy said:
As for what's the best tune of 2007 it's got to be the sugerbabes latest. Not my taste but my daughter who's 4 & loves it and when it comes on she sings her heart out.

Yep, my daughter is obsessed by it! :lol:

in my opinion there's been way too much blooming indie about this year... it's sending me round the bend!!! I WANT ROCK! :p

Album of the year for me goes to Biffy Clyro - Puzzle

kempy said:
dubberdaz said:

I admire Take That considering what they have done on their come back.

I bumped in to Gary Barlow with his kids about 2 years ago in a Borders store.

He had long hair and a beard and about 4 stone heavier but knew it was him straight away. Admire what he has done since and also writes some timeless songs.

Also talked to Jason Orange who' is a bit of a tosser at VW NothWest about 8 years ago.

I just hope he doesn't write thouse 1000 loves songs he once sang about :wink:

Not neccessarily 2007 but I've mostly been listening to:

Detroit Cobras, Black Keys, Seasick Steve, Stephen Malkmus, Grandaddy, Gogol Bordello and ( blatant plug! ) my brothers' band Left for Deads' new album ´All Yeast and Cider `, ( maybe one for you west country cider punks :wink: )

Reverand and the Makers was this years suprise album for me. Saw The Who and Madness this year live (suprised at how good they both sounded)

Still cant get away from all the old stuff be it Electro/Hip Hop or Indie/Rock or Pop.

Old school all the way

Cant make my mind up about Kate Nash, but i can watch here mouth all day and youve got to give 10 out of 10 for effort. Fook the lyrics is good pop music i suppose.

well for something a bit different

ceephax acid albums on rephlex were cool
clark finally stepped up to the plate on body riddle and ted ep

oh and the triumphant return of bogdan raczynski...

analord said:
well for something a bit different

ceephax acid albums on rephlex were cool
clark finally stepped up to the plate on body riddle and ted ep

oh and the triumphant return of bogdan raczynski...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

;)

well I guess it is just me rocking with the braindance scene then?

http://www.rephlex.com