• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Ultra VW featured 1969 EARLY BAY CAMPER (Orange Surf Bus)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CockneyPlayboy

Reaction score
Magazine featured VW EARLY BAY (RHD) CAMPER T2 1969

$_12.JPG

AS ALWAYS - once nearing completion of a project I get a hankering for something fresh to get my teeth stuck into..... and I now have an idea for a new project and so..............

I OFFER MY FRESHLY MAG FEATURED EARLY BAY FOR SALE.

For those that havent seen this in the flesh it is a RIGHT HAND DRIVE WALK-THRU MODEL so it is a nice find!

This van is pretty outstanding in its look. Every bit of it has been taken to bits and altered or/and restored in some way. It is painted in a 3 stage pearlescent FORD ELECTRIC ORANGE as can be seen on the ST Focus.

$_57.JPG

The project was started 6 years ago although it was put on hold for a while due to business and investment projects. I recommenced and after it was painted I set about designing the layout and planning the interior look I wanted. Finally upon completion it was featured by Ultra VW Magazine and made the FRONT COVER this month just gone.

It will only have limited introduction to the show scene this season and so this is a unique chance to own a special VW Camper that hasnt even attended many of the big shows yet!
I have put years and a lot of thought, hard work, money, design and personality into creating this bus......

$_57.JPG

Here are some of the features:
* Tuned and rebuilt 1641 Engine (See Engine Spec below)
* There is a bespoke (and totally one-off) interior which was built and designed by Firks Wirks and is a first.... you wont see another like this. As well as a stove, sink the panels are set off in polished grey two pack paint and finished with solid oak worktops.
* 3/4 width Rusty Lee Rock n Roll fold out bed.
* Saab front seats (reclinable and adjustable)
* Brand New Empi 3 Bow Roof Rack
* Brand New Torque Wheels (Gloss Black inserts and Polished Rim)
* LOW MILES – Van showing just 76000m and judging by past MOT's it seems like this is the verified mileage!
* Custom Black/Very Dark Grey Headlining
* 6ft Sliding Rag-Top Sunroof (Paris Beetles)
* Jail Bars
* Lowered Suspension (with adjuster) and brand new KYB lowered shocks fitted just this week
* Polished Side Step
* New dark Headlining
* EMPI Glass Pack exhaust (Modified tip so as not to foul bodywork or damage paint when fitted to a T2) which is rather loud!
* 3 Stage Pearlescent Paint (ST Electric Orange) with White Roof (Ford Diamond White as seen on the Series One RS's)
* New mirrors and Brightwork
* Split Screen rear bumper (both front and rears colour coded)
* iPhone/iPod compatible Stereo and colour coordinated speakers

Here is the Engine spec:
* 1641 Type 1 Engine
* Dual Weber 34 ICT Carbs
* New Case
* New Crank
* New Heads
* Lightened Fly Wheel
* Equaliser Front Pully
* 110 Cam Shaft
This engine has covered under 7,000 miles so it is practically brand new and runs/sounds awesome! It was built by Stu at VW surgery.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

This van was taken back to a bare shell and pretty much rebuilt from the ground up. As I say, the paint was finished about 3 years ago and so there will be a few blemishes and imperfections here and there and being an overly fussy person there are bits I am not completely happy with but certainly nothing that spoils or detracts from the overall condition of the van and I am very picky with things and so until I point them out there is a chance that you wouldnt have even noticed!

This is no" trailer queen" it was built to be used! It is fully functional/practical for camping with the Stove, Sink , Storage and wide Bed. With the engine fitted it 'hauls ass' and with the huge sunroof you can lay in the bed and look at the stars or catch the sun... whichever floats your boat!

VIEWING SERIOUSLY ADVISED - It is in a fully lit and dry double garage to night time viewings and poor weather viewings are not a problem although I tend not to drive it in the rain if I can help it. I dont want anyone to be disappointed, I am an honest enthusiast but I am not a professional and so all work has been done to the best of my ability and that which I cannot handle has been handed over to the professionals. So come and view it for yourself and make your own mind up.

Finally I am in no desperate rush to sell this so PLEASE please do not insult me with low offers for this van in the hope of getting it on the cheap. I feel that looking at some of the Campers out there, this is MORE than fairly priced and so I will not be doing a 'desperate price drop' in order to sell it. If I dont achieve what I think is fair for the hard work and money that has gone into this van then it will remain in my garage. Dont get me wrong, the van is not perfect, but I have yet to see a near 50yr old vehicle that is! But it IS a good ‘un.

£18000 ovno

you can call on 07770 967313 or email on [email protected]

(please dont sent PMs in here as I am not often logged in and will miss them)

***THIS CAMPER WILL BE AT BUG JAM 17th to 19th July if you wish to view there***

THIS BUS is also advertised on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-T2-Early-Bay-Camper-Magazine-Featured-/281748428743?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item419983d7c7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

541471_10151519728354808_577566352_n.jpg

$_57.JPG

all emails replied to... sorry for delay been busy at work!

Had a couple of offers and one is getting rather close to what I said I would sell if it reached...... so on we go! ;)

Willing to P/X FOR A GOOD CREW-CAB PROJECT or a VERY SOLID OVAL......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts