Wagenwest dropped spindles any good?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubbedup67

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting some dropped spindles for my 68.

I'm looking at the wagon west ones.
I just have a couple of questions though

1) do these run the trailing arms upside down? As they sell the arms and spindles separately so didn't know if they did

2) they are priced in dollars so are they ridiculous money to bring over here?

Cheers
Matt

I ran WW spindles for a few years, albeit previously owned, they bolt straight on as direct replacement for stock spindles, no need to flip the balljoints.
They do widen the track by 12mm either side though, although this never caused any problems with stock wheels.

Only sold them because I went k'n'l a couple of years ago.

dubbedup67 said:

1) do these run the trailing arms upside down? As they sell the arms and spindles separately so didn't know if they did

Cheers
Matt
How low do you want to go? On a '68 in most cases you want to go K&L. There is no reason not to. Split beams bolt straight on and you can keep your old one in the loft as a pension.

Have you thought about what you're going to do at the back?

Tim S said:
dubbedup67 said:

Cheers
Matt
How low do you want to go? On a '68 in most cases you want to go K&L. There is no reason not to. Split beams bolt straight on and you can keep your old one in the loft as a pension.

Have you thought about what you're going to do at the back?

To be honest I only wanted to drop it about 6 inches all round.so wanted to stay with ball joint.unless it works out cheaper to go K n L?
I did want to slam it but I want to be able to get into campgrounds easily,and I don't want to start cutting into it's og chassis

As for the back I think I'm going to drop it a spline until I can get adjustable spring plates,though I am debating fitting some boomerangs rather than turn it on the splines.

I've been running WW spindles for several years. On my 4" narrowed beam, the ride is dramatically improved at the same overall ride height compared to running standard spindles.

:)

Latest posts