1200 mile UK road trip.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanmck1984

Reaction score
The mrs and I are not long back from our first big camping holiday in the bus and what a blast!

Some good sites I'd thought I'd share:

Mortonhall caravan and camping site in Edinburgh. Great site with the cleanest showers and toilets we had on our trip. Only 20 mins bus journey in to the city centre.
31 quid a night with hook up. Definitely worth a visit if you're in the capital (of Scotland).

Park foot campsite in Ullswater, Lake District. Again a big, clean site on the shores of Ullswater. Very picturesque but showers are 20p for 6 mins! Random I know.
30 quid a night with hook up.

Fallbarrow caravan site on the shores of Lake Windermere. Very good but not quite a 5* in my eyes as they claim to be. Only a 10 min stroll in to town centre with plenty good restaurants and bars. Quite pricey at 35 quid a night with hook up.

Millarochy campsite on Loch Lomond. Very picture postcard and nice small site but not a lot to do unless you are in to water sports etc.

Óver 1200 miles and she never missed a beat! :D :D

I'll hopefully get some pics up once I have a bit of time.

Sounds great,looking forward to seeing the pics, Loch Lomond is very picturesque !!!!

:sign0006: On a different note, am I just a tight arse or did you think they are dear sites????
I usually pay £15 to £20

Finally found the time to get some pics up.

Our pitch at Pooley Bridge:

The Kirkstone Pass!!:

The very nice Fallbarrow site and surrounding areas:

Then our last stop, Loch Lomond. Wet but beautiful :)

I've got a load more but I wouldn't want to bore you guys :lol:

Yeah I know Mike, I'm not sure why. It was on when I bought her. I don't want to drill new holes for a bigger badge! :?

Looks like a great trip (and cool van and photos).
Been thinking of a similar trip but we don't do campsites - usually just wild camp. Are there many laybys/pull-ins in those areas? :D

Ryanmck1984 said:
I've got a load more but I wouldn't want to bore you guys :lol:

Yeah I know Mike, I'm not sure why. It was on when I bought her. I don't want to drill new holes for a bigger badge! :?

I don't blame you for not wanting to drill anymore holes!
Maybe the front is a replacement as I think the new ones are all late bay. The high indicators are then blanked off to fit to an earlybay. :)

Mike, it could possibly be. I quite like the small badge though.

Toad, not too sure about wild camping spots around the Lakes as we didn't venture too far (only 2 sites about 30miles apart) but the roads are very twisty and narrow.
We planned on wild camping by Loch Lomond but when we arrived there's now a perimeter around the Loch that's monitered to stop wild camping so had no option to book in to a site. A bit of a bummer!

Ryanmck1984 said:
Mike, it could possibly be. I quite like the small badge though.

Toad, not too sure about wild camping spots around the Lakes as we didn't venture too far (only 2 sites about 30miles apart) but the roads are very twisty and narrow.
We planned on wild camping by Loch Lomond but when we arrived there's now a perimeter around the Loch that's monitered to stop wild camping so had no option to book in to a site. A bit of a bummer!

Thanks, Ive obviously been spoilt in West Wales!

Latest posts