Awning question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gingertim

Reaction score
Hi guys, another awning question. I’ve had a bit of a search but can’t find the answer or pictures to show how people attach their awnings to their camper. I have previously used the pole in the guttering on my old awning but now have a roof rack fitted. Just curious to see what/how people manage.
I'm thinking of buying a Khyam as they seem highly recommended but I guess they don’t have the pole and use the figure of 8 rail? Do you just use large clamps ?
Any ideas or pictures would be appreciated.

Seen different ways people have tryed this some have fitted a channel directly to the side of their rack. Holds well but looks ugly and going to whistle that bit more.

Seen figure of 8 cut into pieces to fit between clamps.

Both let rain pass also.

Also seen straps attached to awning but extended over bus/rack then pegged down.

What rack you using?

I have a full length rack and attached awnings to the gutter by cutting Figure-of-8 strips to the right size. Depending on which awning i used [had a few over the years] they didn’t leak at the gutter but the Khyam Motordome did. They really need to add a bit of material on the over side of the strip where the connectors go. This is one of the reasons we haven’t used it in probs 3 years now.

Cheers guys. This is the best picture I have of the roof rack from last years holiday. I have ordered a Khyam camper sleeper awning. Let’s see how it’s goes.
I see the over the roof strap type but can’t say I fancy that. Could shorten the straps and tie it to the rack I guess if the figure of 8 does not hold well.
1714854411741.jpeg

Latest posts