• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1967 Tintop Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattd1984

Reaction score
Well unfortunately the time has come to sell our van, with a young family now we are just not getting out in the van at all so time to pass it onto someone else.

Built 21st November 1967

1776 by Richard Morena
Twin webber ict 34ict's
Remote oil cooler with fan
Remote filter
Vintage Speed Exhaust
Butty's Throttle linkage
Automatic Fire extinguisher
Leisure Battery / Split Charge
New Alternator October 2013
Westy interior including 3/4 Rock & Roll bed, buddy seat & Wardrobe. New foam and covers all round.

Front lowered on Wagenwest 2.5" dropped spindles with beam adjusters. Gaz adjustable shocks.
Now running 14" stock wheels.
Rear lowered using horseshoe plates

It has had a battery tray welded in when it first came over to the UK. Has a small bubble on one rear corner that has always been there. A few dents in front panel.

It has had the following parts replaced since I have owned it;

Window & Door Rubbers all round
Starter Motor
Clutch friction plate & Pressure plate + Release Bearing
Reconditioned steering box fitted
Brake Pad / Cylinders / Lines all round

This was imported from California in October 2008. I have replaced the interior from a microbus to now a full campervan. All the external seals were replaced due to sun in California perishing them over the years. Underneath has been clear wax oiled so is not hiding anything, whist this was done I also did the inside of the panels / doors and cavities.
The van took me the wife around Europe in 2009 covering 6,000 miles with no problems, we have had many trips to Europe in this van including Ebi twice, Spa, holidays to France, Cornwall & Wales.

Price £13,000 with fresh MOT (27th Feb)

Located in Bedfordshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts