1969 accelerator pedal

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny69

Reaction score
Hi guys - anyone help?

My accelerator has been replaced at some time. Couple of questions as im confused.

The pedals a bit loose - even with a buttes pushrod installed - pedal moves left and right basically because its not a good fit at the spindle at the bottom of the pedal (although it looks new). Is this normal?

Second question is about a long spring that is attached to the spndle and goes up the plastic accelerator pedal. I can't see why it's on there - is it supposed to be? I've looked at the diagrams and I don't think a 69 pedal should have the long spring?

Any help appreciated as always

Cheers

Johnny

Hard to diagnose without a picture. A lot have been buggered about with. Can you get a picture?

A plastic accelerator pedal? It should be all metal, so yours is a repro unit. That's probably the problem. Source a second hand original one and your problem will be solved.

Not sure if it helps,but I fitted a buttys bits throttle pedal kit today and it has transformed the throttle action.Taken all the slop out of it

Latest posts