• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 Devon RHD Unfinished project £5250.. REDUCED

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duds

Reaction score
For Sale:

1969 T2 Devon RHD PopTop Early Bay £5250 ono or will swap for a defender, make an offer I need this moving now because I need the space

The story so far: I modified and competed in land rovers for over ten years
Wife got sick of me disappearing for the weekend
Needed something for the whole family to do
Decided to buy a camper, do it up and go to shows
Found one on Gumtree..in Glasgow!!
Fly upto Glasgow...very giddy by now..its snowing on arrival!!
Buy camper with little or no knowledge of what I am looking at
Drive home to the Midlands....nine and a half hours!!
Drive it round the village with a big smile on my face
Get my mates to look at it ( mechanic and bodywork)....Big Project begins!!

Project

Started four years ago now

Mechanicals Everything replaced that need it or was looking tired, the only thing that remained largely untouched was the rear axle

Highlights New drums all round/pads/springs/brake pipes where needed
Recon steering box
All new bushes
New Weedeater adjustable front beam

Mechanicals now sound..time to art on the bodywork

Bodywork Upto an inch of filler found on some panels
All filler removed
Basically bottom 12 inches of van removed and replaced with new panels from schofields
Chassis completely gone over, all rusty segments removed and replaced with new steel
Hours and days gone into fabricating segments rather than buying poorly fitting repro

Now Four and half years later due to illness etc
Most of the bodywork done
Lost the love for the van and money needed elsewhere
Somebody gets a good winter project to finish off for the summer and drive around in an increasingly rare RHD Devon camper!!

Whats included Everything to complete the project, (all thats need is elbow grease and skill) bar the engine....it was a 1776 and I haver already sold it separately
All items removed from the camper when dismantling are carefully boxed and labelled
All the new parts I have bought waiting for the rebuild including: New Rubbers all round
All new interior panels
Even the new curtains
Two porsche tear drop seats
Complete SS nut/washer/screw set
Two sets of wheels

There is too much to list, you need to come and take a look, the van is stored over two sites, the interior, pop up roof and parts are all stored at my house, the shell is in my mates lock up, when viewing I will take you to both sites. You need to take a look at the work that has been done, and decide how much needs still to be done and go from there. This has been my baby for the last four years and a lot of money has been invested in it, it just needs someone with the vision to pull all the different parts together

Obviously it would need trailering away, I can organise a few bodies to help with loading the shell, I will not split the various parts, Cash on collection only and I will not ship to Nigeria!!

Thanks for looking and any questions drop me a line,I am a bit of a dunce when it come to pics, drop me your e mail and I can send you some, but my mechanical knowledge is minimal, its one of those things you need to take a look at and decide yourself how much still needs doing to finish it off

So in summary, a great project that needs finishing with everything there to finish it off

if you PM your e mail i can send you loads of pics

Latest posts