• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 LHD early bay. Solid & rust free MOT'd reduced £7k sold

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lozp

Reaction score
Now sadly sold thanks for the interest

Due to renovating a house and a crappy breaking daily driver car i need to sell my camper :( (i would be interested in a swap for a T5 as i can still use it as a daily drive and a day camper!)

Ok about the van, i brought it off a guy about 1 1/2 years ago, he imported from Cali. The van and had a crash with a huge grizzly bear and the previous owner repaired the damaged body work, partial new front clip and front door (he was an accident repair welder and did an amazing job!) that is why the van has newer looking paint on the front, drivers door, and rear side panel.

The van is a LHD and is VERY solid, original sils, battery tray (has got a bit of surface rust) solid original jacking points which is all in fantastic condition, there is some good patina paint on the pannels that were not repaired. strong recon 1600 tp engine. it is a fairly standard van and has not been messed with, original seats and a basic r&r bed & seats. passed it last MOT easily.

As with all these vans there is little bits of surface rust on some pannes but NOTTHING structural, just patina! it is in amazing condition for a 40+ year old van, it was sitting in the us for years after the accident so was hardly ever driven.

There is a box of bit with the van including, 1969 stamped rear mud guards, front bumper irons, front bumper center section (no side steps) and fibre glass rear bumper, which once fitted will really finish the van off!

A picture album is here
http://s204.photobucket.com/user/lozpeters/library/Grizzly?sort=2&page=1

i have tried to take pictures of the great solid state of this van, it has been used by a work friend who is fixing his bay for measurements and see how the original panels were for his van! The van is really worth a look as the pictures wont do it justice. there is some surface rust by the drivers foot floor where the pannel was beaten back into shape after the accident but just needs rust treatment and painting

I dont really want to sell this but i dont get to spend enough time on it with renovating a house, and i need a daily driver to get to work.

This is a fantastic very soild, rust free van that would be a great base for a show winner or an great family camper. No hidden rust to bother with, just kit it out how you want

it is currently taxed and MOT'd so can be driven

I am looking for £7500ono, or would consider a swap for a T5 (possibly T4).

if you would like anymore info or specific pictures, or to have a look just let me know

viewing is recomended as the pictures dont do it justice!!

van is in Bristol!

heres a few pics from the album

CIMG4736.jpg

CIMG4737.jpg

CIMG4755.jpg

sensible offers considered!

will be a fantastic base for your input into the van!

Earlybay is back, and my van is still avialable :)

I now have it advertised for £7200ono

Hi I have a T5 I would be willing to do a P/X with...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-T5-Camper-Big-Red-Air-suspension-Custom-Mag-feature-Slammed-px-bay-split-/130909926699?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e7ad6f52b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts