• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 Panel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jabbo

Reaction score
Right, seeing as another van should be arriving at ours next week, unfortunately the bay has to go. So here's the gumf. The van came off the production line on 17th September 1969 (technincally making it a 1970 year model) and was exported to Italy. There it was bought by a couple who used it twice a year to go touring Europe, up until 1989 when it was taken off the road and dry stored. In that time they put approximately 125000km on the clock. They kept the van until 2007 until they finally decided to sell it, and that's how it came into my hands.

I imported the van in July of last year. I then stored it for a couple of months (whilst I finished some of my other projects), before I eventually got it MOTed in November. All it needed to get through an MOT were for the brakes to be sorted (new hard lines, cylinders etc), a horn to be fitted, new tyres and new wipers. It's structually solid and I believe never welded. It was also given a service by a competent mechanic.

I eventually got round to registering it in March this year (yeah I'm that lazy!) when after almost 38 years I became the official second owner. Since then I've done probably 500 miles in it at most.

At some point the van has had an extra window put in the side, and has been resprayed red/orange and white. By the looks of it the original grey paint is still underneath, so the top layers could be taken back if wished. I always planned to replace the extra window, but I've sort of gotten use to it now. The van has a few knocks/fence post scrapes here and there, but like I say it is rock solid!

Since owning it I've fitted a r'n'r bed in the back, and fitted some alloys. I've also given the van a general overhaul to bring it a bit more up to date. A 6 disc Pioneer changer and CD headunit are fitted, along with a Kenwood amp, speakers and sub.

Here's a summary for those that didn't bother to read it all ;
MOT til Nov 08
Tax til March 09 (exempt obviously)
4.5" BRMs up front with new smart car tyres
5.5" BRMs out back with new 185/65s
Original front seats
Rock and roll bed in the back
1 owner for 38 years

I'm asking £3850 for the van as it is. Viewing welcome in Rainham, or Sheerness, Kent.

DSCF0810.JPG

Front

DSCF0811.JPG

Back

DSCF0543(2).JPG

Right side

DSCF0545.JPG

Left side

DSCF0474.jpg

Rear area

DSCF0475.JPG

Rear area

DSCF0479.jpg

Cab

DSCF0735.JPG

Sill/outriggers/jacking points

DSCF0736(1).JPG

Under cab

DSCF0739(1).JPG

Engine bay

DSCF0738(1).JPG

Engine

Any questions feel free to ask.

I may possibly do a p/x on a cheap, sub £1500 air cooled (preferably Type 3), but ideally I'm after a cash sale.

Cheers

Latest posts