1969 project Bluebell - STOP, STRIP DOWN AND START AGAIN!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey everyone i've been let loose with a welder again!! :lol:
after putting the cab floor back in thought i could make the floor smoother may be pointless but with the mats back in you don't notice a thing!!

then i started to tackle the rear corner of doom!!!

test fitting the light after cutting the required curve away...

nothing a bit of filler wont sort out :lol:

sure i've got all of you who know how to repair panels etc cringeing!! :lol:

done a bit of filling today trying to see how straight the new bits are....i know it still needs sanding i just to see if there will be a load of filling or not...doesn't seem that bad

then moved around the front just to try sort out the corner on the front panel came out nice and smooth :)

still scared about the lower corner and battery tray......... :pale:

Trial fitted the new exhaust!! going to attach it properly this week and reasemble the rear..
got a few days off next week hopefully get some work done on that horrible lower corner :D

went for a drive yesterday in the breadvan :) started off early saw some stunning views..

had to drive to oswerstry to wrigleys aircooled! what a place!

some of the projects they were working on and then these 3 sitting nicely around the back

and inside there were even more but unfortunately my phone died :(

finally got a window!! what a bugger to find!!

then decided to tackle the bitch of a corner! look how much rust i managed to knock off :lol:

only a month or so until outside work will have to stop :(

anyone know if this wondow will fit with a seal or will i have to drill it and bolt it on?

thanks
Ben

benveedub said:
went for a drive yesterday in the breadvan :) started off early saw some stunning views..

only a month or so until outside work will have to stop :(

anyone know if this wondow will fit with a seal or will i have to drill it and bolt it on?

thanks
Ben

amazing views!, can't see why you live there actually ;)

thats some brave stuff you are taking on there, outside too

Keep up the good work Ben, I have to work in the drive as well and I'm about to start some resto and paint work :shock: so will follow your thread with interest 8)

if that louverd window has 2 lift handels to open each side then its held in with a standard window rubber :D

Hey everyone,

can anyone tell me or show me how an interior of a "TORVETTE" should look? i've got a small tag on the inside of N/S door which has "TORVETTE" on it

thanks

Ben

I know it's a bit pointless but i had to do it :lol: :lol:
got some entertainment installed so i can dance whilst i work on the inside over winter
this was a cheapy but sounds and works well it looks sorta retro when shut...

press a button and something amazing happens....

then hey presto a touchscreen.....(this is not a factory extra :lol: )

then at the menu I found it has a GPS and bluetooth this was not in the description :lol:

tried the dvd player that works well too, plus there's an output for extra screens and it has freeview!!

all this for £25 :shock: I do need to buy a gps kit though that will be a must when it's on the road!!

I got it off a mate he said everytime he was driving the stereo would turn off and on....
he said he can't be bothered with it anymore so i gave him £25.....

.....it was a dodgy earth cable :lol: thought it was!!

....otherwise
ebay my friend!! they're chinese models...keep em eyes pealed....

if i see any i'll drop you a pm

benveedub said:
I got it off a mate he said everytime he was driving the stereo would turn off and on....
he said he can't be bothered with it anymore so i gave him £25.....

.....it was a dodgy earth cable :lol: thought it was!!

....otherwise
ebay my friend!! they're chinese models...keep em eyes pealed....

if i see any i'll drop you a pm

Result!

I'll keep my eyes peeled

Cheers!

Alistair

benveedub said:
Hey everyone,

can anyone tell me or show me how an interior of a "TORVETTE" should look? i've got a small tag on the inside of N/S door which has "TORVETTE" on it

thanks

Ben

Here are some pics of my Torvette, reflecting some refinements over the past 18 months or so. Not 100% stock but it is near as damn it.

As we bought her
IMG_1205.jpg

Tarted up a bit
IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

Finished job
IMG_0149.jpg

Latest posts