1969 project Bluebell - STOP, STRIP DOWN AND START AGAIN!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toad said:
That looks like a Danbury roof. it just needs a new canvas by the looks of it.
:D

thank you at last someone knows what it is...lol i think i did ask here at some point.....yeah the guy who had it and didnt pay for it cut the old canvas away.....how the hell does it lock into position????

as for paint i'm with you on the celly based even the guy in the paint shop recommended it to me as its my first time....he said I may get away with not having to clear coatit, just between coats flatten then buff??? is this right???

benveedub said:
Toad said:
That looks like a Danbury roof. it just needs a new canvas by the looks of it.
:D

thank you at last someone knows what it is...lol i think i did ask here at some point.....yeah the guy who had it and didnt pay for it cut the old canvas away.....how the hell does it lock into position????

as for paint i'm with you on the celly based even the guy in the paint shop recommended it to me as its my first time....he said I may get away with not having to clear coatit, just between coats flatten then buff??? is this right???
u can flat it between coats for finish but for paint prep you dont need to ,celly can go straight over the top of each other ,i wouldnt clear coat myself ,it makes it harder to blow any sml areas in at a later date if you dent it .one word of warning ,be carefull when filling up with petrol as new unleaded fuel tends to faid celly but you can t cut it back ok ,just keep a good coat of polish on it and it will be ok :D

well finally chosen a color and had an attempt of painting for the 2nd time... came out ok will flatten it back and do another coat.

had a great update fairplay, a mate of mine took a passenger door and the sliding door away a month ago to weld on the new skins and fairplay a week after he took them his girlfriend went into labour and they had a little dude :) so obviously I told him to leave them and do it in a couple of months if need be, he's managed to do them and he's even gone and primed them all!! where did he get the time to do that!! LOL so hopefully this side will be finished off in the next few weeks then its over to the driverside to sort out that rear corner and battery tray.......and that front window sill.

Latest posts