• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1969 westy poptop in texas ez delivery to uk 2700.00 gbp

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theovalguy

Reaction score
1969 westy poptop
Ok first off i have sold over 320 buses so far in just over 4 years , Ok honestly I flip em! ,I buy good buses make a few bucks and sell as cheap and as fast as i can. Therefor you get better deals , a lot of time i dont even detail wash or get them running ,sometimes i do. I have been to vanfest and have many dealers there that buy from me on a regular basis.
I venture off sometimes to give deals to non traders and this is one of the times.

Ok price for this bus price is 4500 usd thats 2,724.55 GBP my prices are VERY FAIR and FIRM
This bus i just bought yesterday from a cool old dude he is 68 and retired us armed forces army special opps.
He used to drive it all over the states and into canada and mexico on trips with his family, he even showed me pics of him and his family on campouts in the early 70s (funny looking hairdoos) haha

I will give a better description thatn most people and it might MAKE the bus sound bad but its not I just tell all so thers no surprises when you get your mits on it.
I will send as many pictures as your heart desires,and until you feel confident in your purchase from me.I am a one man band as they say so you will deal with ony me .I am not a business just a addict a vw addict just like you.
I am and have been a painter body man for 18 years so my experience is on your side..

Ok description time, front then around the side to back then to front again then inside easy enough?

Ok first off, repainted by himself a while back ,its a 10 ft bus looks great in pics, but has some runs and dry spots.
My typing sucks so deal with it ok?
The nose has been bumped but half ass fixed even hard to see in pics or in person easy fix without replacement
The front bumper extension drivers side has a rust issue i would replace it just easier
drivers door heres the sandscratches i mentioned solid as can be outside but inside lowest point (inside only )has rusted through a patch panel would fix this easliy. As doors are expensive i would fix it.
the long wall is super straight and has nothing wrong with it,
left rear corner is good , apron is good , decklid has rust on bottom right corner (replace again just easier), the right rear corner has rust in it where the battery tray is welded to the outer skin. This needs rewelding and bondo to fix correctly.
Passengers side short side wall needs some love at the bottm in front of wheel will need probably to cut a lower rocker out and rework again easy for a body shop or even amateur.
sliding door is good works fine , passenger door is solid on the outside and inside. dogleg appeared to be good but i will check it again to be sure (might have skipped looking at this ) see being honest here ...
ok back to nose theres no rust i see at the bottom of windshield which is pretty common.
Ok thats outside ..
now inside.. front floor drivers side is bad.. as is the dogleg on the outside only the step is fine .
The dash looks nice and even had a cd player in it.. condition unknown as of now.will check..
The front walkthru seats have been covered for some time and I have not looked under the covers yet.
The rear camping area, has hard to find sink /icebox , buddy seat behind driver , upper childs cot (been redone by owner) small childs cot with poles in correct bag/location) ,and the cabinets are all in great shape. The Rear seat /bed material he said got torn, so he replaced it, (good job) wrong material as they did not make repro yellow vinyl yet back then.
hmm where we at now... ok engine thats right, its a dual port with said 10,000 miles since he replaced and spent almost 2200.00 on new engine with shipping from rocky mountan motor works. Remember this is a retired military guy that owned it and there trained with HIGH morals and not to lie, so I assume its correct. I know one of the exhaust tips got broken off, i have not looked to see if thats all or if needs new exhaust.
Then we go uptop.. fibreglass topper appears all good ,has not been opened since 2006 the tent was replaced about then and is in good to great shape with a great install .. I was impressed.. anyways
Due to bad weather last night and getting home late from picking it up ,I have not washed the bus yet ,nor try to start it ,I just wanted to get it posted asap. I have pics but just iphone pics i will download them asap if there any good if not i will take some better ones after a wash...
I will send you as many pics as you need to feel good about your purchase.
I have world wide references and i can make your dream come true, with no stress and easy delievery to uk ,I will handle all that for you also. Kingstown shipping there knows my name bye heart as i have shipped so many across..
The price includes shipping to the shipper here in houston and I will send a reduced bill fo sale to you so save money from your tax man..
Ok price for this bus price is 4500 usd thats 2,724.55 GBP my prices are VERY FAIR and FIRM
thanks for reading this and I will post pics asap.
John/// aka theovalguy (at) yahoo.com for questions or pics..
let me find you anything you want from usa.. any classic cars

Hi ovalguy.

If you could send as many pics as you can muster to me it would be much appreciated. :)

You know the sort of thing, underside / chassis / outriggers / beam / axles / window surrounds / floors / engine bay / gutters / roof / interior / general / doors / etc etc

My email is dubsandclassics AT live.com

Cheers

Jason.

I must have been asleep almost yesterday
as I forgot to mention underside / only the most important
part to you guys!!! Sorry about that
there is no rust in fender well behind front wheels so jackpoints are
great along with the belly pans ( I have not layed my eyes on the belly
pans but have run my hands under there ) Texas is pretty darn dry so beams
don't rust I have seen one rudy and it was setting
in the ground when I dragged the bus out. I will check
this and back bottom of nose and take pics of all of that also
once again I
appoligize for slipping up there
john
aka theovalguy

Off work just now , I am going home to wash and take
pics for you guys and girls . The pics will be in email boxes
and on here bye 9 you guys time just over
2 hours from now
thanks for the interest
John

For those people asking for photos here are some John sent me which I've offered to put up for him, happy to help anyone on this if they need getting this over,

DSC09394.jpg

DSC09398.jpg

DSC09395.jpg

DSC09414.jpg

DSC09422.jpg

DSC09408.jpg

DSC09413.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts