• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1970 early bay with 2.5 Subaru and Subaru gearbox

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twofin

Reaction score
Hi,regrettable sale of my left hand drive early bay totally rust free,lived its life in Nevada,paint underneath same as on top, shiny! No underseal and no stone chip to hide rust,colour is turkis with bluweiss above,was originally tin top deluxe now has Brand new dormobile pop top with custom canvas , rock and roll full width bed, lowered and 4" narrowed beam,late bay brakes,with brand new calipers ,discs,wheel cylinders servo and master cylinder,deluxe waistline is stainless and all deluxe window inserts are alloy , all door seals are new as are window rubbers, She is fitted with a 2.5 sohc subaru engine from a 2001 legacy 154 hp(new timing belts and head gaskets fitted) that is married to a Modified Subaru 5 speed WRX gearbox with subarugears Co reverse diff and pinion conversion at cost of £2000,scat shifter, tinted windows all round,still on wide five fitment, brand new new alloys,with new tyres,numbers on speedo don't go round far enough, cruises at well above motorway speeds. RJES radiator kit fitted, no expense spared, spirit interior,this bus is absolutely mint condition, slls/floors/outriggers are still as new there was no surface rust underneath at all as was undersealed from factory, this was removed by myself taking weeks of careful scraping leaving factory paint, ,A very unique bus.viewing essential,it is at the trimmers at the moment having new headlining and wilton carpeting and associated trim fitted. Update, ...now has soft headlining fitted front to back,including window surrounds and pillars to floor level,Inertia Reel seat belts front and rear, note rear ones are high level as per Australian buses (Australia only high level brackets sourced and fitted for comfort and safety)
Split charging and leisure battery also fitted.
Further pictures to follow or sent if requested
O.r.i.o £19,000

Reason for sale to fund a splittie

Dave

Latest posts