• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 Australian Early Bay with Type 4 engine

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhodierider

Reaction score
For Sale - the van was imported from Australia about a year and a half ago. The colours are VW Florida Blue and Pastel White. It's at the stage where an interior can be fitted straight in and the new owner can choose their own colours for the door cards (door cards currently have foam with waterproof backing on the back. My work has got too much to allow me to finish the project myself anytime soon, so I've decided it's better off going to a new home.
Details of the restoration so far can be found here: http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6017
The van has:
New CD player/radio with 4 x speakers (2 front, 2 rear in rock n roll bed)
New seat covers and seat foams.
3/4 rock n roll bed with correctly sized foam ready to be covered.
New seatbelts, including one in the rear for the rock n roll bench.
Type 4 (2 litre) engine with twin solex carbs.
Both carbs have been stripped, cleaned and rebuilt with new seals/gaskets.
New waterproof canvas with viewing windows and mesh.
Insulation
Sound deadening material behind rock n roll bed over engine compartment.
MOT till April
1971 so tax free road tax.
All official paperwork, including Heritage letter.
New Cobra (Thatcham approved) Immobiliser.

Price £8,500 ONO.
Details: call Adam 07787 744818 or leave a message on here for questions.
DSCF1807.jpg

DSCF1808.jpg

DSCF1797.jpg

DSCF1800.jpg

DSCF1801.jpg

DSCF1799.jpg

DSCF1794-1.jpg

DSCF1802.jpg

DSCF1810.jpg

DSCF1811.jpg

DSCF1806.jpg

DSCF1814.jpg

I love the look of this van, but a little out of my price range- how flexible are you on price?

mate thats well sex, ill give ya 7k and my daily driver this weekend!!!

Hi Huskoman, what's your daily driver? As far as bunks are concerned, the roof section has a ledge along either side. The original bed was a series of hinged slats that fold concertina style and rest on the ledge (so you can fold back when not in use). I haven't knocked a new one up, but I have the dimensions for it. The roof section is covered in new wall-carpet, so shouldn't need any further work on it.

its a right fanny magnet mate, a suzuki swift 960cc (lol) w reg. 65k on clock, 6 months tax, mot till sep, just a cheap to run knock about! worth about 800.

to be honest, even if you were interested, its out my price range i think, cos i would be spending on it to get it campable and my missus would thrash me!!!, i ment it more as a compliment, cos it does look well sexy!!!

good luck and if you get desperate :)

I am reducing the price to £7,700 as I'm keen for a quick sale. If it's not sold this week, I'll have to take it off the market for a while as I'll be out of the country from the end of next week for a month. Viewings more than welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts