• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1971 bay for sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markmason_123

Reaction score
I have a 1971 tin top early bay for sale. I have just got it back from its MOT (got 11 months left) and have decided that I do not have enough time to work on her due to my work committments. I am sadly going to have to let her go, hopefully to someone who can spend time to get her finished. It is tax free.
There is quite a bit to say about the van. I bought her about 2 years ago on the understanding it was already refurb'd. After some use, I have a bit of a prod around and found that on the whole it is a good van, but has had some bad repairs done in the past. Since having the van I have had the rear brakes rebuilt, the brake piping to the front discs replaced, bottom section of front panel replaced, front cross member been replaced, rear gutter section replaced, clifford alarm fitted, alpine ipod radio fitted, back tyres replaced, new front window seal and a few other bits and pieces.
The guy who did the repairs on the van said that the van should be good for another few years, however, there will be at some stage some more welding required. However, unlike most campers, most of the work now required is clearly visible and not hidden away. The work I know that is required (at some stage) is as follows:
section of side gutters need replacing, small section of passenger rear wing (have body part), drivers door step, small section of rear floor, ideally new seat covers.
I built some furniture for the inside, including rock and roll bed if the person wants it included, however, it is not fitted at the moment. If wanted, it will need finishing and painting.
I am not sure how much to ask for her. I have invested a lot of money into the van. Ideally I am looking at offers around £5500. If interested, please email me and I will send some pics. [email protected]
Thanks mark